Question?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have done it twice.

Both times, I was pulling away from a dock in a P700 with barn doors. I had to move far enough off the dock to go back and shut the doors, and before I did that one of the guys from the business I was picking up at came running out to talk to me about coming back later. I got distracted by the conversation and forgot to get out and close the doors. On both occasions I had packages fall out that I was able to recover.

Because of that, I now have a simple and foolproof rule to make sure it never happens again. My rule is this; if I ever have to move the car with the back doors open, then I also have the bulkhead door open. When I am about to back up to or pull away from a dock in order to open or close the barn doors, I walk thru the car to open them and then I leave the bulkhead door open while I am moving the car. That way, if I get distracted during the process I can still see the open BH door with my perepheral vision and it reminds me that the back doors are still open.

One problem with this method is that it shows up on Telematics as an open BH door event. I dont care. Its a safety issue. If the back door is open then the front door is open, period. If my last action before sitting down is to always shut the BH door, then I will always be able to visually confirm that the rear doors have also been closed.

WorknLateHuh

knew a guy before telematics that would leave 1 of the rear hinged doors wide open as well as the bulkhead door on very hot days to get the wind tunnel effect. One day i was walking back to the truck chasing a misload, and i see him drive by with 1 of the rear hinged doors bungeed open in a secluded suburb area. Later, he told me he had been doing it for years.... lol.

Johney

Keep a small bucket in your truck so you can line it with a DR bag before you sit and relax.
Dear God are you all that far from civilization that you have to crap in the back of the truck? Never. I don't care how far the ride is.:biting: As a matter of fact on one or two occasions I may have added up to 5 or 6 miles extra due to ah......lets just say an overactive bowel.:sick:

soberups

Dear God are you all that far from civilization that you have to crap in the back of the truck? Never. I don't care how far the ride is.:biting: As a matter of fact on one or two occasions I may have added up to 5 or 6 miles extra due to ah......lets just say an overactive bowel.:sick:

I have a hitch car, and a rural route. I wonder if I could get the company to buy me one of these?
bumper dumper.jpg

soberups

Dr bag in the bucket. Discard bag keep bucket.

Why waste the bag? I see coyote turds, bear turds, deer turds and other assorted animal excrement every day on my route. Leaving a coiler behind in the woods to enrich the soil wont hurt anything.

Buck Fifty

A properly set camera does not show the door or handle. The camera is there for backing up not to make are your bulkhead door is closed.

Only way I can tell thru the camera is by the reflection of the road on the closed back door. No reflection means its open .