Questioning myself!?!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
A really smart driver would never accept a key to a storage unit-----what if something were to come up missing? I would gladly go to the office, borrow the key, deliver the packages, secure the unit and return the key. I also would not text the customer.

We have a particular unit that gets a Diad alert to the lock combo that whomever delivers to this unit knows. Only because it is in the board does it relieve some of the liability but I agree that if something were to come up missing, it could be a very bad thing for anyone who has ever laid hands on the locker owner's packages.

Z

ZQXC

A really smart driver would never accept a key to a storage unit-----what if something were to come up missing? I would gladly go to the office, borrow the key, deliver the packages, secure the unit and return the key. I also would not text the customer.

To continue with your line of reasoning: A really smart driver would have the locker attendant open the locker and then secure it after watching the driver make the delivery. Driver never held the key or touched the lock. My personal feeling is that we should never deliver to lockers to begin with; something shady about that whole scenario.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Basically it's about making it as easy on yourself as possible. All that customer service talk is for suckers.

Let me guess, you're one of those drivers who's customers do cartwheels when you go on vacation due to your GREAT personality.

We've got a few guys like you in my center, luckily they're the minority.

A) You're making $34/hour. If that doesn't motivate you to provide good service, that's a shame.

B) Just because management doesn't give a rat's @$$ about service, doesn't mean we should act the same. Their Sup's, they only care about numbers. We, as drivers should care about working safely and providing good service.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Let me guess, you're one of those drivers who's customers do cartwheels when you go on vacation due to your GREAT personality.

We've got a few guys like you in my center, luckily they're the minority.

A) You're making $34/hour. If that doesn't motivate you to provide good service, that's a shame.

B) Just because management doesn't give a rat's @$$ about service, doesn't mean we should act the same. Their Sup's, they only care about numbers. We, as drivers should care about working safely and providing good service.
I just do it by the book. I do the job as if a supervisor were with me at all times. You haven't specifically said what you do that is such great above and beyond customer service. Do you wait for the customer to come to the door to help them take a heavy package inside? Some drivers do. I don't. Do you sign for adult signature packages so your customer (who you've known for years and you trust) will have his wine or gun for the weekend? Some drivers do but I won't. What do you do that violates UPS policies and methods yet you consider great customer service?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just do it by the book. I do the job as if a supervisor were with me at all times. You haven't specifically said what you do that is such great above and beyond customer service. Do you wait for the customer to come to the door to help them take a heavy package inside? Some drivers do. I don't. Do you sign for adult signature packages so your customer (who you've known for years and you trust) will have his wine or gun for the weekend? Some drivers do but I won't. What do you do that violates UPS policies and methods yet you consider great customer service?

I said good service, not great. Wait to help with irregs?? I don't think so

Sign for adult sig's? I only sign diad to complete turn in procedure.

What I will do, is wait for a pickup if it will be quick (under 5 minutes). I won't say "piss off, my boss says not to wait" and roll out.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
The funny thing is though my pickups are always ready when I get there. I don't get there early they can set their watch by me. If customers didn't like it they would call the boss it's his job to make those decisions. I work as directed. But I don't speed, I won't skip lunch or take it at the end of the day, won't run or do anything that could cause an injury. Just do it all by the book just like when they ride with me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Pretty much every route has a couple of pickups that are never ready no matter what time you get there. They will keep trying to process 1 or 2 more packages even after you get there. And if you take what they have ready and leave they will call in and claim you forgot one.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You don't NEED to obtain a signature for a COD if it's a resi or you DR it into the locked storage (I always select garage as the delivery point), so that part of your issue shouldn't even have been an issue

upsman68

You have to train the customers not be trained by them. Teach them how it will be and do everything by the book. No filling out checks, no taking keys, no calling or texting from your cell phone, no delivering to individual storage units- leave all packages with the office. Basically it's about making it as easy on yourself as possible. All that customer service talk is for suckers.

To each his own.

Sent using BrownCafe App

What's the difference between you having a key or borrowing a key if something turns up missing?

It was there and you were the only one to enter so it must be you.