Quit Yesterday

Seymour Packages

There are some very sly supervisors that like to send you "help" to take some stops off of you during your lunch...... That way you are busy working off the clock sorting packages and giving them to the runners.
Whoever arrives to help me on lunch will wait until my lunch is over. Period. If a supervisor insists I end my lunch or work through it, an Article 37 Harassment grievance will shortly follow. friend them.

MrBates

Why leave with a bricked out car? Leave some sht out of the truck that’s too large and a later delivery and have them bring it to you.
I do it everyday.
They hate me for it and I can move around in my truck.
Big W for the driver
I've also done this. The part time preload supe would ask what I was doing and I'd say matter of factly that "yeah I need room to work, they'll shuttle it out to me". Sometimes they shuttle it out, sometimes it's on the truck the next day...whatever...

trickpony1

I hope Dear Diary was vested in the pension, if just a little, so he/she will at least get a little money later on.
I may have missed it if the OP said how long they had been with the company.

Big Rigger

One of our drivers parked the truck with deliveries still in it and then later called in from a bar to let the management know where it was located so they could finish the route minus one driver.

El Correcto

god is dead
Walked into the center in the morning with 240 stops on my rural route. There will obviously be missed after 12 hours of delivering along with everyone else in the center. Problem started when we were all told that nothing could be left in the center. Every package including those that won't be delivered need to go with us on the truck. I will skip the rest here, but there was a lot of yelling going back and forth between drivers, supervisors and the center manager. Eventually they settled with fitting as many packages as possible and they will come around and make sure there's no room to fit in more.

So how bad was it? I pulled my first 10 stops out and left the center with them in the cab because I couldn't walk into the back. I brought 2 air containers with me to hold small packages in the cab. I continued like that for 38 stops. In that time I couldn't open the sliding door 4 times due to boxes piling up against it. I had to go to the back, pull boxes onto the road and then climb on my stomach to clear boxes from the sliding door several times. I finally had enough when I twisted my ankle trying to get over a box.

This company sets you up to fail. They'd rather have numbers that show everyone left the center early and that they kept the center clean of packages... even though it will lower everyone's stops per hour to the ground from not being able to grab and sort the back of the truck.

After 47 stops I decided I had enough. Called in a vehicle breakdown to waste time and got towed back an hour later. Center manager says they got a van ready for me to deliver in, so start moving the packages from the truck, which the mechanic will look at later. Told him I'm taking a lunch break right then, he goes ballistic. I sit there and eat while he yells threats. Of course I don't care because I'm already quitting. I punch out after my lunch break, walk by his office and tell him all the packages are loaded and ready for him to deliver. Then I walked out.

Another package runner bites the dust for UPS, hope whoever gets my route can handle the stops per hour. I expect a lot of call ins or maybe even more people quitting on monday, because whatever happened with me happened to everyone else as well.

Before anyone asks, I have another job lined up that I'm exciting about even though it pays less. Wish you guys success with this job.
I don’t care how many stops I get delivered, how many missed, how many late airs, etc. You just go out there and give it an honest attempt, smile and wave on your way out and do it again tomorrow.
Why bother wasting time with the lunch break, just tell the dude to go :censored2: himself and leave.