Quit Yesterday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes! If they want to play games and overdispatch me, I will make sure I burn it to the ground. There is nothing better than seeing the ORS' face when I return to the building at 22:48, punch out at 22:58, and smile and go home. It has only happened to me a few times, but it is great when it does. I get time and a half, he doesn't. We can do this all night, every night until each of you clowns get the message.
Lol your ORS stick around? Mine are all gone before 5 pm.

Brownslave688

Well, this could surely get you fired quickly/eventually. You don't get to just do what you want. A quick verbal instruction to don't do this ^ and that starts the disciplinary process. The smartest thing to do is just leave with the truck as loaded.......it'll get fixed.
Don’t have to work as directed if it’s unsafe.

Not shocking you wouldn’t understand.

quad decade guy

Don’t have to work as directed if it’s unsafe.

Not shocking you wouldn’t understand.
K. Define "safe"/"unsafe". Exactly now.

Ok.

So when this becomes impossible, what to do?

The possibilities are endless.

I delivered a heavy industrial route for 15 years. Often this scenario. Gee, how did I ever survive?.....

Yep, one step, one pkg, one stop at a time....

Can't get either door open at your first stop because of fallen pkgs(for example)? Give em a call....let them fix it. I've seen doors pulled completey off trucks and trailers to get to loads/pkgs by mechanics forklifts...

Oh, I understand.....

Yeah, I buy my own Windex....

UPSER1987

More important.... was the OP a dues paying Union member ?

If it involves anyones personal safety and not displaying any "proprietary company information" pics are good.

Why do people start these threads.... never to return and answer questions ?
Maybe because they QUIT, and no longer work for UPS?

Kind of the opposite of the retirees that no longer work for UPS and have nothing better to do than post here.

Brownslave688

K. Define "safe"/"unsafe". Exactly now.

Ok.

So when this becomes impossible, what to do?

The possibilities are endless.

I delivered a heavy industrial route for 15 years. Often this scenario. Gee, how did I ever survive?.....

Yep, one step, one pkg, one stop at a time....

Can't get either door open at your first stop because of fallen pkgs(for example)? Give em a call....let them fix it. I've seen doors pulled completey off trucks and trailers to get to loads/pkgs by mechanics forklifts...

Oh, I understand.....

Yeah, I buy my own Windex....
Your first line proves my point. SMH

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Put on what you want in terms of stops. Go over the Mendoza line and things slow down and the number of missed increases.

If you are blowing out routes this time of year UPS is mismanaging big time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What is the point of completely bricking out the cars the way they do? Turn 5 seconds to get a package into 5 minutes. I couldn't walk through the back until 3pm the other day.
Reports. Better to have missed on the truck than left behind. Preload cya.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Ok.

Please explain your response.

We have one of the most secure and well paid jobs in the world.

No?
A job that averages maybe $80k is hardly one of the most well paid jobs in the world. And that's if you're fulltime and top rate. If you're part time, in progression, or whatever one of these new 22.4s are, it's even further yet.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
A job that averages maybe $80k is hardly one of the most well paid jobs in the world. And that's if you're fulltime and top rate. If you're part time, in progression, or whatever one of these new 22.4s are, it's even further yet.
Not necessarily el ducheebaggery Capt