Racism rears its ugly head

bbsam

Staff member
Almost as stupid as Jackson's comment. Does Col. West not have the same right to his opinion?
of course he does. But it is disturbing that his opinion would entail silencing another. Do you really have no problem with that? Really?

bbsam

Staff member
In case you haven't noticed, most Hollywood stars have their heads, you know where.
Even Whoopie is always whining "racist" on The View. If we don't happen to agree with the prez., we're racists
like we are always reminded by Garafalo. It's pathetic.
oh, poor baby! You are sooooooo mistreated! Although it seems simple to me. You have reasons for disliking the president for reasons that have nothing to do with race. So what? You spend more time crying about" the race card" than articulating any kind of persuasive argument. My theory is that you like playing the victim in every possible situation. You, Glenn Beck, and Herman Cain against the world!

moreluck

golden ticket member
oh, poor baby! You are sooooooo mistreated! Although it seems simple to me. You have reasons for disliking the president for reasons that have nothing to do with race. So what? You spend more time crying about" the race card" than articulating any kind of persuasive argument. My theory is that you like playing the victim in every possible situation. You, Glenn Beck, and Herman Cain against the world!

Persuasive argument about what???

Facts are strewn about all over the place proving Obama's ineptness. Hundreds and hundreds of posts filled with his wrong choices and his inability to do the job for which he was elected.

I don't feel the victim, I feel the embarassment of having a prez who cow tows to world leaders and wants to screw his own citizens.

bbsam

Staff member
Persuasive argument about what???

Facts are strewn about all over the place proving Obama's ineptness. Hundreds and hundreds of posts filled with his wrong choices and his inability to do the job for which he was elected.

I don't feel the victim, I feel the embarassment of having a prez who cow tows to world leaders and wants to screw his own citizens.
Well, be honest about the situation. Many of the "wrong choices" are a personal opinon and "inability to do the job" may well have to do with dysfunction rampant throughout government. Even when Obama follows right wing trends, he gets lambasted by the right for "breaking campaign promises" (Gitmo). It may have nothing to do with race, but that doesn't mean your disdain has anything to do with logic.

of course he does. But it is disturbing that his opinion would entail silencing another. Do you really have no problem with that? Really?
No real problem with that for one simple fact. West does not have the power to silence Jackson or anyone else. Now if he had that power, yea I would have a problem with it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, be honest about the situation. Many of the "wrong choices" are a personal opinon and "inability to do the job" may well have to do with dysfunction rampant throughout government. Even when Obama follows right wing trends, he gets lambasted by the right for "breaking campaign promises" (Gitmo). It may have nothing to do with race, but that doesn't mean your disdain has anything to do with logic.

Everything is ALWAYS follow the money and in this case, my money. When I ask myself , am I better off since O took office and the anwer is a big fat NO. Is America better off since O took office....NO. So, logically, he's doing nothing for me and my country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A SENATOR advocating a CITIZEN keep silent? Hardly apropo.
How about a Senator being quoted while in the Senate calling for a run on a bank (BoA).
Because they raised their fees in response to a section of a passed bill which this same senator included to "help out " another big company.

bbsam

Staff member
hmmm, what about Shirley Jackson ??? I don't see you saying anything about her doing the same thing.
Probably because I've never paid attention to anything she's said. I will take your word for it though and say that if she made like statement, she was unequivocally wrong in doing so.

bbsam

Staff member
Everything is ALWAYS follow the money and in this case, my money. When I ask myself , am I better off since O took office and the anwer is a big fat NO. Is America better off since O took office....NO. So, logically, he's doing nothing for me and my country.
You were better off on at the end of 2008 than you are now? Hmmmm. I think you are either forgetting the dire state of affairs at that time or are viewing reality through Hate-Obama-glasses. If anything, Obama's mistake was listening too much to the supply-side "geniuses" Geithner and Summers. This is hardly a Left-wing administration.

bbsam

Staff member
How about a Senator being quoted while in the Senate calling for a run on a bank (BoA).
Because they raised their fees in response to a section of a passed bill which this same senator included to "help out " another big company.
I think he should have called for a run on all the banks and should do so right now as well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(RCP) — You may be a racist if. . . you use the term “break.” This according to Ed Schultz.
On his MSNBC program last night, Schultz referred to Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), someone Herman Cain would seriously consider as a running mate, as “the guy who used an old Southern, racist term when talking about defeating President Obama during the healthcare debate. Below is the offending statement:
DeMint (Audio, July 9, 2009): “If we’re able to stop Obama on this, it will be his Waterloo. It will break him.”