Racism rears its ugly head

moreluck

golden ticket member
South Carolina DNC Chair Claims GOP Racist For Holding Debate On MLK Day, Demands Romney Condemn It…

If so then the NBA could be the reincarnation of the Klan because there are 11 games scheduled on the same day.

Via Washington Examiner:
South Carolina Democratic Party Chair Dick Harpootlian insinuated that Republican presidential candidates are campaigning on racist platforms, and indicted Mitt Romney with being too “meek” to take positions on racial issues, saying that he should also condemn the upcoming Republican debate, scheduled for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

“The Republicans are schedulling their debate [for] Monday, Martin Luther King Day, without any regard, whatsoever, [for] the civil rights issues that this state has faced,” said Harpootlian during an appearance on Al Sharpton’s Politics Nation. “Where’s Mitt Romney on all this . . . where is he on these racial issues?” he asked later in the show.

Following that line of attack, he argued that Romney should condemn the debate. “[Romney should say] ‘no, I don’t want to have a debate on Martin Luther King’s birthday, that’s a day we need to celebrate a great American leader,’” Harpootlian said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jesse asks all kinds of questions except the most important one......Would racism still exist if I didn't ?

(Politico) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he wants to hear the candidates at the Republican presidential debate tonight – Martin Luther King Jr. Day — discuss racial issues, which the civil rights activist says the GOP hopefuls have avoided throughout the campaign.

“I want to hear from them — do they support Dr. King and the New South movement? Do they appreciate Dr. King’s legacy?” Jackson told POLITICO. “These candidates talk about free enterprise, but do they understand that there would be no Boeing plant in South Carolina if blacks and whites couldn’t work together? That you couldn’t have CNN with a segregated Atlanta, or a Disney World in a segregated Florida?”

“I’ve not seen one of them with African-Americans in their ads or going to an African-American church,” Jackson said of the 2012 hopefuls. “It is an irony that they are having a debate on Martin Luther King Day, when all of them are running on state’s rights.”

According to Jackson, by embracing states’ rights, all of the GOP candidates are running campaigns whose platforms run counter to the very reasons Dr. King is hailed a national hero. “The Tenth Amendment was a rationale for southern segregation,” he said. “All of [the candidates] are running on states’ rights, when precisely the cause to defeat states’ rights chose the Thirteenth Amendment

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It is racism. Undertones no matter how slight are still racist. Newt and the other morons can get white people to clap at debates and such, but you will NEVER get blacks or mexicans or any other minorities to to vote for them.

Minorities know how to unpeel a racist. I think you know the feeling, eh?

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
" you will NEVER get blacks or mexicans or any other minorities to to vote for them."

Now that is a queer statement to be boasting about.

Overtones = radicals reading something into a phrase or word that just isn't there in context or meaning. The phrase racist overtone is talking point speak meant to create a derailment of a topic.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Overtones = radicals reading something into a phrase or word that just isn't there in context or meaning. The phrase racist overtone is talking point speak meant to create a derailment of a topic.
Of course the real topic is job and the economy and they want to avoid that topic at all cost.
Maybe when they accuse one of racism, one should say...."Yes I am, now let's talk jobs!!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ritz Crackers are 'racist' to Ms. Lee...........

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 @ 11:47 am |
Sheila Jackson Lee: Supporters of Voter ID Laws Say There Has Been Voter Fraud Because “We Elected The First Black President”…

So much for that “post-racial” America Obama promised. The Dems have put race relations back at least a decade with their ad nauseam use of the race card.

Via The Hill:
. . . Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) added that supporters of these laws have made the “misrepresentation” that there was fraud in the 2008 election, “maybe because we elected the first African American president.”

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) also drew a connection to these laws and Obama’s election, and said he’s not sure if the laws are being advanced due to “the color of the President” or because Obama “received record-breaking participation by the very same people that they’re making it difficult to vote.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Congressional Black Caucus Says Voter ID Laws Aimed At Stopping Obama Supporters From Voting…......Over and Over again

buys some smokes...id needed.
buys some drinks...id needed.
drive a car ...id needed.
to use a food stamp card...id needed.
cash a check...id needed.
pick up or ship a package from a UPS Customer Counter....id needed.
board a plane....id needed.
soon to board a train...id needed.
To enter any gov't building.....id needed.
want to rent anything....id needed.
heck just to get a passport you need several additional forms of id.
Want to vote......no id needed.
Ya, according to the CBC , only bhos' voters are dumb enough not to have any ids.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Friday, February 10, 2012 @ 10:20 am | Report: Sheila Jackson Lee Steered Millions of Taxpayer Dollars To Her Husband’s Employer…
SJL plays the race card in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1.
HOUSTON — A Washington Post report says Houston Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee steered millions of tax dollars to the university where her husband worked.

The report says Jackson Lee helped send more than $5 million to the University of Houston while her husband was vice president of student affairs.

In a statement to KHOU 11 News, Jackson Lee said she never discussed funding with her husband and UH was one of many area schools that received federal dollars.

“Not only have I worked vigorously to secure federal funds for the University of Houston, I have also worked just as aggressively to secure funds for other educational institutions in my Congressional District and in the State,” she wrote. “We helped such institutions such as Texas Southern University, Houston Baptist University, Houston Community College, Lone Star College System and the University of Texas.”

The newspaper reports 15 other members of Congress also directed federal dollars to colleges where family members work.