Radios or bluetooth speakers in cab?

Mr.ODD

Just wondering if these are allowed in the cab while delivering? Or is it considered an in cab distraction?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I got this bad boy, Bluetooth and charges your phone. I attach a 3ah battery, lasts 2 days usually.
ryobi-jobsite-audio-p746-64_1000.jpg

If you are at home you can plug it up to an extension cord and run it without a battery.

Mr.ODD

I have a fugoo xl speaker that fits perfect on dash and doesn't inhibit view at all but got bitched at when I got followed saying it was an in cab distraction.

Mr.ODD

Section 8.1 Distracted Drivers The Employer and Union recognize that there are various federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances on the use of handheld devices while a commercial motor vehicle is in motion. In the interest of the safety of our drivers and the general public, drivers must comply with the applicable restrictions. The Employer will use its best efforts to educate drivers on the restrictions applicable in each geographic area. If permitted by state and/or federal law, headsets, Bluetooth ear pieces, and earphones that are used in moving vehicles shall only cover one ear.

upschuck

Section 8.1 Distracted Drivers The Employer and Union recognize that there are various federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances on the use of handheld devices while a commercial motor vehicle is in motion. In the interest of the safety of our drivers and the general public, drivers must comply with the applicable restrictions. The Employer will use its best efforts to educate drivers on the restrictions applicable in each geographic area. If permitted by state and/or federal law, headsets, Bluetooth ear pieces, and earphones that are used in moving vehicles shall only cover one ear.
That is phones and things like that.

18.8 specifies radios are allowed.

pbpa1225

I personally use a JBL Charge 3 synced with my phone. pandora or Apple Music. I only utilize my AirPods when a call comes through and control my music via my Apple Watch. I have the speaker attached with a small bungee above the driver door in the groove.

JustDeliverIt

I have a DeWalt unit, uses a variety of their batteries. I did it down with a rachet strap on top of the metal that comes off the dash for the diad holder. Mounts great there.