Raise in new contract

Thebrownblob

Semantics
Perhaps but I don’t see that on my paycheck. Without the benefits package the jobs not worth having.

When I started working at UPS, I was told you work long hours at a physical job and all kinds of weather.

And in return we will take care of you and families, health care and your retirement, and along the way you will make a decent living.

Take any one of those three pillars and I’m walking.

Thebrownblob

Well they got $3.50 up front
That's a pretty big number

Actually have three dollars and fifty cents was more than I got for their entire raise the last contract
Absolutely a good number upfront, but over the five years not exactly what people were expecting, especially some of the people on here expecting us to get upwards of $10 an hour in Raises at some point. I’m not one of those people I’m just pointing out that no matter how they move The shells around. The amounts are not all that much different at the end..

Perhaps but I don’t see that on my paycheck. Without the benefits package the jobs not worth having.

When I started working at UPS, I was told you work long hours at a physical job and all kinds of weather.

And in return we will take care of you and families, health care and your retirement, and along the way you will make a decent living.

Take any one of those three pillars and I’m walking.
I look at any increase in my compensation as a raise, that's all. That said, there is context. It was a very general question, I offered a very general answer.

Thebrownblob

I look at any increase in my compensation as a raise, that's all. That said, there is context. It was a very general question, I offered a very general answer.
For sure there is no wrong answer. I was just pointing out the way I look at it. I know a lot of guys we never even make it to retirement for one reason or another, so was that really a raise to them?

And it’s absolutely sucks that some people are forced to give up some of their actual raise to put towards the retirement. We have never had to do that here.

Thebrownblob

As long as there is strong language preventing them from this six-punch disaster that they have done very little about!!!
I agree there are so many issues that we know nothing about yet, money is just one of them. And there’s really very little time left unless things have been going on in the background that we don’t know about I don’t see how this gets accomplished before August 1.

Pullman Brown

I agree there are so many issues that we know nothing about yet, money is just one of them. And there’s really very little time left unless things have been going on in the background that we don’t know about I don’t see how this gets accomplished before August 1.

I did read in one of the updates that they do have subcommittees working on other issues- forced six being one of them.

Pullman Brown

I did read in one of the updates that they do have subcommittees working on other issues- forced six being one of them.

IMG_3249.png

Absolutely a good number upfront, but over the five years not exactly what people were expecting, especially some of the people on here expecting us to get upwards of $10 an hour in Raises at some point. I’m not one of those people I’m just pointing out that no matter how they move The shells around. The amounts are not all that much different at the end..
Well our benefits are more than average Americans make in a year

For sure there is no wrong answer. I was just pointing out the way I look at it. I know a lot of guys we never even make it to retirement for one reason or another, so was that really a raise to them?

And it’s absolutely sucks that some people are forced to give up some of their actual raise to put towards the retirement. We have never had to do that here.
Also consider that pension contributions only go in for my first 2080, and for some :censored2:ty supplements only for 2080 regular hours.

That 11% number is strictly with regard to our hourly earned wages. We'd need an 11% increase immediately to regain our buying power from the beginning of 2020.

textat3

I have a feeling we will strike to get the $50-60 hr we deserve. we need like $10/hr off the bat and maybe $2.50 per year going forward. This is not a cost neutral contract so we need to strike while the iron is hot.

Thebrownblob

I have a feeling we will strike to get the $50-60 hr we deserve. we need like $10/hr off the bat and maybe $2.50 per year going forward. This is not a cost neutral contract so we need to strike while the iron is hot.
Do you think the Teamsters union is going to offer you an agreement reached with UPS with a $10 an hour starting raise and a $2.50 per year raise?

I mean, I'd give it some thought, but I'd probably give that a "yes" vote.