Raise in new contract

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
True, but without shareholders, there would be no Company and we wouldn't have a job. Without you, the Company can survive. You can be replaced. Without the shareholders, there is no Company. It's a symbiotic relationship, but the Company comes first. We are a close second. If the Company doesn't make money, they go out of business and we don't have a job.

1. Someone starts a company
2. Said Company hires employees.
Or!
3. Said company avoids most government involvement and JUST hires contractors. 1099s everyone.

clean hairy

True, but without shareholders, there would be no Company and we wouldn't have a job. Without you, the Company can survive. You can be replaced. Without the shareholders, there is no Company. It's a symbiotic relationship, but the Company comes first. We are a close second. If the Company doesn't make money, they go out of business and we don't have a job.

Help me understand.
Seemed to do just fine as a private company.
Why did they go public and sell stock when they had been doing just fine for 60+ years?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

1. Jim Casey and others started this Company..all dead now.

2. Said Company hires (management) employees.

Can this Company survive if they close shop and hire replacement scabs?

If that happens what would be the consequences?

Would some of these shareholders be criminally responsible if they take that action?

The International can also survive if UPS decides to do the unthinkable.

How does the Company make money since it is a service provider why would they throw a monkey wrench into their business in an attempt to make even more profits?

If they give us the moon with this Contract and start losing billions they would still be able to negotiate concessions once the Contract expires in 5 years. If they are stupid enough to go bankrupt before then, it would be their own doing.

100%

He's a 25 year package driver in the Atlantic ready to retire. That's why he only wants 8 hours. Just putting in his time to take the 25 and out. He doesn't have a clue how businesses run. I agree, he probably knows how to make/save money, but has no idea how a business runs that pays him that money.

UPS never will be a 9-5 job. Some routes are, the heavy industrial routes that need to get the pick up volume back, but the majority are 8.5 to 9.5 hours.
So you’re saying I’m smart enough to use the money I’ve made to retire under the age of 50? But idk how a business runs? I own 2 businesses. One has been open for 11 years and one started a year ago. Sorry you have no idea how to do that. What’s really bizarre is the backlash from so-called union brothers and sisters when someone wants to demand higher than you? Do you not find that odd? You want whatever they give you and I want the moon. So what? Nice try with backhanded compliment on my success. Thanks