Raise in new contract

Trucker Clock

Help me understand.
Seemed to do just fine as a private company.
Why did they go public and sell stock when they had been doing just fine for 60+ years?

You say he know how to run a business, you have 2, but you have no idea why a business would go public.

This

Needed capital for expansion?

Yep.

1. Jim Casey and others started this Company..all dead now.

2. Said Company hires (management) employees.

Can this Company survive if they close shop and hire replacement scabs?

If that happens what would be the consequences?

Would some of these shareholders be criminally responsible if they take that action?

The International can also survive if UPS decides to do the unthinkable.

How does the Company make money since it is a service provider why would they throw a monkey wrench into their business in an attempt to make even more profits?

If they give us the moon with this Contract and start losing billions they would still be able to negotiate concessions once the Contract expires in 5 years. If they are stupid enough to go bankrupt before then, it would be their own doing.

Never said to let us walk and hire scabs. I said that the stockholders were taken care of, which they should be, now its our turn.

You want whatever they give you and I want the moon.

Never said that. I said that the stockholders were taken care of, which they should be, now its our turn.

I own 2 businesses. One has been open for 11 years and one started a year ago.

OK. You own 2 businesses. I guarantee you put yourself before your employees. If you don't make money, what's the sense in having a business. That would be called a Charity.

Sorry you have no idea how to do that.

Guess again. And, by the way, running a private business if far different than running a public business with stockholders.

I never said to take care of the shareholders and screw the employees. I said to take care of the shareholders and the employees. They got theirs, now it is our turn to get ours.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You say he know how to run a business, you have 2, but you have no idea why a business would go public.

This

Yep.

Never said to let us walk and hire scabs. I said that the stockholders were taken care of, which they should be, now its our turn.

Never said that. I said that the stockholders were taken care of, which they should be, now its our turn.

OK. You own 2 businesses. I guarantee you put yourself before your employees. If you don't make money, what's the sense in having a business. That would be called a Charity.

Guess again. And, by the way, running a private business if far different than running a public business with stockholders.

I never said to take care of the shareholders and screw the employees. I said to take care of the shareholders and the employees. They got theirs, now it is our turn to get ours.
A business only goes public to keep the global elite happy. The company doesn't get extra free money. The people that invest expect a return on their money..

Trucker Clock

A business only goes public to keep the global elite happy. The company doesn't get extra free money. The people that invest expect a return on their money..

By going public, they gets millions up front in capital for improvements or expansion. The Company then pays back a small return quarterly to the investors.

There are very few Forbes 500 Companies that are not public.

Ou812fu

By going public, they gets millions up front in capital for improvements or expansion. The Company then pays back a small return quarterly to the investors.

There are very few Forbes 500 Companies that are not public.
You act like it is free money. There is no free money. It's all a triangle scheme. You have to bring in more money to pay for that money. No different then paying interest on a loan.

Who cares about being on Forbes 500? Just curious. You must not have been around when it was private..

Trucker Clock

You act like it is free money.

It's free upfront money. Better than a loan. The dividend is based on performance, not interest rates. Make less, pay less in dividends.

You have to bring in more money to pay for that money.

Exactly. That's what the money gets you. Capital to expand and make more money. And make more money over and above the dividends paid out.

You must not have been around when it was private..

I was around when the Thrift Plan was around.

Ou812fu

It's free upfront money. Better than a loan. The dividend is based on performance, not interest rates. Make less, pay less in dividends.

Exactly. That's what the money gets you. Capital to expand and make more money. And make more money over and above the dividends paid out.

I was around when the Thrift Plan was around.
Here is the thing. Right now if 60 % of the investors took all their money out. Ups would be broke. The old privatized ups could have everyone take their investments out and they would still have money. It isn't free money.

Trucker Clock

Here is the thing. Right now if 60 % of the investors took all their money out. Ups would be broke. The old privatized ups could have everyone take their investments out and they would still have money. It isn't free money.

I’m not justifying UPS going public. I’m just saying it’s what all big corporations do.

No, it’s not free money it does get paid back, a little at a time. But it was a huge chunk of capital up front.

Give me billions now and I will pay you back at $6 per share every year.

Fenris

This makes no sense. If investors sell their stock to another investor, it does not impact UPS Financials. They can't take their money out via having UPS buy their shares, doesn't work that way