Raise in new contract

Trucker Clock

Congress can't, they can address the RLA. There is a small loophole that would allow biden himself to do it, but I have no idea how he can do that and save face.

That would be a huge gamble for UPS to take. Not bargain in good faith, make us strike and expect Biden to invoke the Taft-Hartley Act.

All over what they can afford, but don’t want to, give us.

That would be a huge gamble for UPS to take. Not bargain in good faith, make us strike and expect Biden to invoke the Taft-Hartley Act.

All over what they can afford, but don’t want to, give us.
I don't see the union violating any good faith bargaining laws between now and the 31st. I'm sure they're well aware of the consequences.

PT Car Washer

If Bidens economy begins to tank I just wonder what he could do to force us in. Guess he could allow the company to terminate anyone who doesn't report to work.??
Encourage a 30 or 60 or 90 day cooling off period with intense negotiating. Could be the best outcome for Union members. The RR workers got a 25% raise.

TheWeasel

Encourage a 30 or 60 or 90 day cooling off period with intense negotiating. Could be the best outcome for Union members. The RR workers got a 25% raise.
RR workers didn't really care about the pay, they wanted better sick leave. Which is why the contract that was forced on them was voted down.

That said, Taft-Hartley doesn't allow congress to impose a contract. Only the cooling down period. If UPS wants to plead with Biden to invoke it all the more power to them. The cooling off period would end the week before peak season starts up. We wouldn't be forced into a contract and would be within our rights to strike then... the week before Thanksgiving. It would not end well for UPS and the union would have even more leverage.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

RR workers didn't really care about the pay, they wanted better sick leave. Which is why the contract that was forced on them was voted down.

That said, Taft-Hartley doesn't allow congress to impose a contract. Only the cooling down period. If UPS wants to plead with Biden to invoke it all the more power to them. The cooling off period would end the week before peak season starts up. We wouldn't be forced into a contract and would be within our rights to strike then... the week before Thanksgiving. It would not end well for UPS and the union would have even more leverage.

“No cooling off period”

The deadline is set….

No guarantee of an extension even if O’Brien shakes hands…

Seriously..we seen this games before..UPS is stonewalling.

The outstanding Supplements have to be in place before the master goes for vote.

Remember the 2008 Contract they got an agreement 7 months before the deadline because of the federal mandate and penalties over underfunded pension plans (Central)..

Go one is listening to Biden anymore… the feds will not intervene period. The Company is playing Russian Roulette if that is their gameplay.

PT Car Washer

Don't care about a 25% pay hike? I don't believe it. We don't have paid sick days.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
IMG_1761.png

Ups doesn’t seem to care. Strike time!!

Trucker Clock

Incorrect. The Taft-Hartley Act does not allow Congress to impose a cooling down period.

nWo

A lot of the rail workers did eventually get granted sick days.

PT Car Washer

A lot of the rail workers did eventually get granted sick days.

And after our contract is settled, I bet we still don't have paid sick days.