Raise time.

What are you going to do with your raise?

• Put in 401k

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Spend it.

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
@hyena

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.4 KB · Views: 144

brownmvp

Went FT in late Jan. so this is year 1 of FT PCD progression.. Question is do we still get 70 cent raise in aug as well or do we only get progession raise on our seniority date? (Southern Supplement)

Man Of Brown

Western region would be no raise only progression raises. You had to have made seniority before the contract date. Not sure on southern though.

NXA

Me either. Why wouldn't everyone be saving that for retirement? You won't miss it to begin with
While I will prob boost 401k, there are reasons for the other options, including the $17k annual limit to the tax shelter, really great real estate deals popping up, political campaign contributions, and the Volvo C30 is so, so cute.

JL 0513

I can't belive this thread is a 50/50 split.

One reason could be that when the next fiscal collapse occurs (not too far away) at least half of your 401k will be gone. Perhaps it's better to use the money on tangible assets now. People lost half in 2008, the next one will be much worse.

Iv
One reason could be that when the next fiscal collapse occurs (not too far away) at least half of your 401k will be gone. Perhaps it's better to use the money on tangible assets now. People lost half in 2008, the next one will be much worse.
I've made it back plus much more. But it is alawys good to pay down debt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your "tangible" assets won't be worth squat either.

I hope it tanks again. Gives me a chance to buy low.

Like I tell the wife if the stock market collapses to the point that we have no money left. Survival will be the only thing we are worried about. Not how much money we lost.