Raise

Floyd Gondolli

Well today is the 1st of Feb which means out here in the West our 6 month raise. 42.5 cents an hour. Is this the same around the country? With our economic climate are you satisfied with it? Dissatisfied? What is your position based on YOUR situation or beliefs as an employee of UPS? Go!

Listen to Saint Vitus.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Some think it should be once a year instead of split. I'm fine with it. I have friends at other companies that haven't seen a raise in years.

Cementups

Box Monkey
While I am fine with a raise at all, I would prefer to have it all in one sum on August 1 like it used to be. With only getting half on August first that allows UPS to have it sit in their bank account making tons of interest, where it could be in my account making me a little interest.

As said, a lot of people out there aren't getting raises at all so beggars can't choosers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys should feel lucky that the pay raises are going toward your paycheck. Here in Upstate NY our split raises for the duration of this contract are being diverted to shore up our underfunded Pension Fund.

On the bright side it will be quite a jump when we go back to top rate in Aug. 2013.:happy2:

AKX

Every little bit helps. Yesterdays raise was the second half of our 2011 raise. August 1 we will be moving on up, .45 here we come.

iowa boy

We're getting a raise, that's all that matters. My wife, for example, hasn't had a raise in 4 years at her job and she's been at her job for 21 years now. I would prefer a once a year raise, but as long as we get one, that's the main thing.

barnyard

KTM rider
Some think it should be once a year instead of split. I'm fine with it. I have friends at other companies that haven't seen a raise in years.

This.

I know very few people that have gotten anything more than a token raise.

We are pushed pretty darn hard, but try to find another blue collar job that pays even close to what we make. Good luck with that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I noticed that a few people mention spouses or friends who haven't seen raises and are just lucky to have jobs. I hope some people who tend to be complainers who want to "stick it to the man" take stock and realize their good fortune.

old levi's

blank space
I noticed that a few people mention spouses or friends who haven't seen raises and are just lucky to have jobs. I hope some people who tend to be complainers who want to "stick it to the man" take stock and realize their good fortune.
I for one have never wanted to "stick it to the man".

menotyou

bella amicizia
I highly doubt I would be treated as well as I am being(considering), if I didn't earn my keep. Sally's can sing all day.

Clueless is the least of their worries.

BCFan

I plan on doing less this year as my age increases and the cost of living goes up and my pay remains stagnant. Not a good thing lets all slow up and be SAFE......BC.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks so much for the neg. rep, BC!! My post #10 was just common sense. I've been here 12 years....you'll have to carry me off!

Gal you need to enjoy retirement cook your man some dinner and get the heck off this site!!
02-02-2012 07:38 PM BCFan

hypocrisy

Banned
You guys should feel lucky that the pay raises are going toward your paycheck. Here in Upstate NY our split raises for the duration of this contract are being diverted to shore up our underfunded Pension Fund.

On the bright side it will be quite a jump when we go back to top rate in Aug. 2013.:happy2:

I'm sure you won't mind foregoing that raise when it pays you and your family for years and years to come in your Pension checks.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm sure you won't mind foregoing that raise when it pays you and your family for years and years to come in your Pension checks.
True enough. But, when I see how they have handled our money compared to how my father handled his members pension funds, I tremble in fear.
They would have invested with Madoff, and probably did.:vacuumsm: Now, we have to clean up their mess.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would much rather have a secure pension than more money today. Our pension fund faces a number of issues, chief among them being about 5,000 more retirees than active members. Anyone knows that if you have more money going out than coming in you will have problems. The recession only added to the problems. I feel the trustees did the right thing and we will have a more stable pension fund going in to the new contract.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It was wise to forgo the raises. You should have heard the bellyaching at my center. All I could think was you guys are idiots. Somewhat of a an 'easy' fix. I say that because of the rate of pay that is already being paid. And , as you say, it will be a nice jump in 2013.