Raises and SICK payout...

fatboy33

Let me just combine the two topics. Has anyone heard anything about raises due in October? And the payment for unused sick days, are they still schedule for payout in June? Things have been so very quiet, it's making some of us wonder...

floridays

Let me just combine the two topics. Has anyone heard anything about raises due in October? And the payment for unused sick days, are they still schedule for payout in June? Things have been so very quiet, it's making some of us wonder...
Yes, and Yes.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Sick payouts are paid in June (though I think they waited until July a couple of years ago) and raises are in October. What are they supposed to be saying?

You guys are weird about that stuff.

McFeely

Huge Member
Haven't heard a peep about either one at my station, but I would expect the MAPP payouts to be in June/July just as in previous years. I would imagine if they took that one away, they'd have a lot more sick calls to worry about at each station.

As for the raises, I never truly know what is up with them until I see them on my paycheck around October. I would hope we'd get another step each year plus a COLA occasionally, but so much of that depends on the economy and how the business is doing I quit expecting it.

McFeely

Huge Member
What are they supposed to be saying?

I think people just want to know if we're still on track to get them in 2019. Some buzz on the financial pages about FX's last quarter, buyouts, robot spending (lol), etc. has some worried about not getting raises this year.

dezguy

Take it for what it is worth but we have been repeatedly told, by upper management that FedEx Express Canada is outperforming every other Express operating group in the corp, yet the company portion of our HIPP payout has been cancelled and we haven't heard a peep about raises.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Take it for what it is worth but we have been repeatedly told, by upper management that FedEx Express Canada is outperforming every other Express operating group in the corp, yet the company portion of our HIPP payout has been cancelled and we haven't heard a peep about raises.
What is HIPP?

dezguy

What is HIPP?
Hourly incentive payment plan. If the company hits it's goals, or exceeds them, we get a percentage of what we made the previous year, based on our review score.

The vast majority of the time, when we do get it, it's 1%. There was one year where we got 2.5% but the company now makes sure the goals are high enough where we'll probably never see that again.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hourly incentive payment plan. If the company hits it's goals, or exceeds them, we get a percentage of what we made the previous year, based on our review score.

The vast majority of the time, when we do get it, it's 1%. There was one year where we got 2.5% but the company now makes sure the goals are high enough where we'll probably never see that again.
Time to GFT. Incentive pay was eliminated in the U.S. many years ago.

Did no one tell the top brass in Canada?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's what happened here, that's why our performance slipped behind the Canucks.

dezguy

Time to GFT. Incentive pay was eliminated in the U.S. many years ago.

Did no one tell the top brass in Canada?
Well, for years you guys got profit sharing while we got nothing. This only came into being after the unionzation scare of '12. Nothing more than a morsel to try to placate the masses

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think people just want to know if we're still on track to get them in 2019. Some buzz on the financial pages about FX's last quarter, buyouts, robot spending (lol), etc. has some worried about not getting raises this year.

The bachas of the world should be ignored.

FedExMan

Heads up

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1557796854327.jpg
    FB_IMG_1557796854327.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 293

Fixxxer

Does the sick payout only get taxed or does it also go to pension? I’m assuming none of it is used towards benefits payment