Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

mitchel

hmm, i wonder if they would hire a 44 yr old. my kool aide cup is gone. im so completley sick of this company at this point, never thought i would cross over to what i thought was the dark side. it pisses me off..i actually like my job and what i do. its the crap i have to put up with now before i even leave the building, let alone the constant msgs....reattempt this..even if i know that damn customer was home and didnt answer their door...assuming i could just leave it..then ironically call five minutes later claiming i didnt knock... make sure that apple ipad cover is delivered before a title companies ppw that they rely on for their job...etc.
Oh yes, UPS is actively hiring 50 year olds to drive their trucks.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
hmm, i wonder if they would hire a 44 yr old. my kool aide cup is gone. im so completley sick of this company at this point, never thought i would cross over to what i thought was the dark side. it pisses me off..i actually like my job and what i do. its the crap i have to put up with now before i even leave the building, let alone the constant msgs....reattempt this..even if i know that damn customer was home and didnt answer their door...assuming i could just leave it..then ironically call five minutes later claiming i didnt knock... make sure that apple ipad cover is delivered before a title companies ppw that they rely on for their job...etc.

I don't pay any attention to the sta. bull.
I take care of the customers who take care of me.

Think about that.

Chumpy

True,Riccchet1A! Either put up or shut up. Make things work for "you!" It can be done. Instead of complaining do something about it. I do! I won't say what but I make it work.....

DorkHead

This could be a power play by Fred to force UPS to get tough with the Teamsters in the current negotiations.

This gives UPS even more bargaining power to tell the union the party is over on their wage scale and benefits....

First of all, being a Union member, working for UPS is no party. I EARN every cent I am paid. I am not going to get in a pissing fight about who works harder, me or you, ok?
What I will say is UPS does not need Fred S`s implementations of his policies to get tough with my Union. UPS does not want to lose market share to any competitor, period. They do not want a "work stoppage". I am sure they have a figure that they can afford and a figure they would like and that`s the bottom line.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Either they are ignoring us, or they have too many calls to respond to in a prompt manner. Since it's the IBT, it's anyone's guess.
Being that I reached out to them about 6 months or 7 months ago and have yet to hear a whisper, I'm inclined to believe it's most likely the former.

MAKAVELI

Either they are ignoring us, or they have too many calls to respond to in a prompt manner. Since it's the IBT, it's anyone's guess.
Being that I reached out to them about 6 months or 7 months ago and have yet to hear a whisper, I'm inclined to believe it's most likely the former.

I'm guessing it could be two things.
1. They are busy with the UPS negotiations.
2. They want to see those cards and that it's not a handful of drivers who are serious about organizing.
3 . Both 1 and 2.

I think the key is patience. Get those cards. The more people's eyes are opened the more people will jump on board.

overflowed

2. They want to see those cards and that it's not a handful of drivers who are serious about organizing.
3 . Both 1 and 2.

I think the key is patience. Get those cards. The more people's eyes are opened the more people will jump on board.
They could at least have someone reply to our emails and give us some BS.

MAKAVELI

3 . Both 1 and 2.

They could at least have someone reply to our emails and give us some BS.

They have been left empty handed in the past, can you blame them? Again if they start seeing more and more cards I'm sure they would take us more serious. The fact is a nation wide campaign is going to take some time, effort and money. All you can do is talk to your coworkers to take that first step in signing a card. Persistence is the key with the IBT. They can't ignore us forever. If takes phone calls every week or every day or emails every week or every day. It's been said here many times over the bulk of local organizing is going to fall on us. It's really a matter of how bad do we want it. Think of it like your kids as they grow up. At some point you have to cut the cord and push them to go get what they want out of life.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
in May the company will announce its new restructure.

The company will announce the restructuring where our 2D and XS freight will be delivered by Ground/HD. They will announce it in Oct of 2012. I know this is true because someone posted it here about a million times.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Meidcal-only.

But you've said that our insurance stinks. So why would a guy with all the answers and two business degrees stick around for insurance that stinks? Hmmm....

Maybe when your pair descends you'll do something.