Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

MAKAVELI

DHL around these parts is union. They get both OT and are paid hourly. They may be set-up like the old Airborne, where some terminals were union and some were contractors.

and that is the difference between RLA and NLRA?

What does that got to do with the tea in China? The point is Dhl did and still does pay ot. Now the contractors on the other hand, well you know all about that don't you?

bbsam

Staff member
No. It has to do with separate local areas being able to unionize instead of nation wide. Contractors can unionize just as easily.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and that is the difference between RLA and NLRA?

???? DHL is not under the RLA, but I know that they are and always have been union in the area where I live and work. I was postulating that perhaps they are contractors in other areas, which would explain how one area would be union and another would not.

bbsam

Staff member
No. DHL, much like Ground is covered by the NLRA and thus can unionize station by station rather than be required to do so nationwide as would be required under the RLA.

Evil

Email just out from Bronczek.... That raise you thought you were getting in March will be delayed, (if it comes at all). Would not surprise me a bit if they were just stringing us along.

The contract states we get a raise on February 1st and August 1st. How did you come up with March?

ManInBrown

Not only are they treating us like dirt. Worse then ever. No raises. Etc Etc. But they are rubbing our faces in it. Unionizing will never happen for a variety of reasons. Politicians in Satan's pocket. The top pay long time employee mentality of "I got mine so I can care less about you". 10+ year employee here and a new hire off the street makes pennies less then me. LOL. The time to get out is now. Unfortunately they have won. Sad but true. That is there desire. That we give up and quit. Dano don't forget to shine Fred's shoes really good today. You wouldnt want to get masta mad.