Rally To Protest No A/C In UPS Trucks

qdg2

How a/c going to help tough guy? We keep the bulkhead closed and rush stop to stop.
A system could be developed with a substantial duct and blower.

Would the Co. go to the trouble.....? I would think not. I believe the Co. will count on drivers quitting first....that's the way it's always been.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If AC could get the interior of UPS package cars at or about 85 degrees on extremely hot days this would be a vast improvement compared to the current working conditions in UPS package cars on extremely hot days.

This really is a no brainer for safety.

IMO Money and greed is the only issue on both the company and the rank and file side.
That hot and any driver opens the doors.

I think you heat Queens are under the belief that the company will allow you extended time in the cab?

qdg2

I think I would rather drive with the doors open in 95 degree heat than sit in 85 degrees without moving air.

The only realistic option but expensive is to retrofit factory style ac to cool the cab only. As for the cargo area better ventilation would help
The only option? There are other options.....

qdg2

That hot and any driver opens the doors.

I think you heat Queens are under the belief that the company will allow you extended time in the cab?
I believe the theory is(for me at least) is cooling air to the next stop. I don't think many would hope for a cooling period each stop.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Ask any driver who works in winter. You still need plenty of layers due to cold. Once you stop, it is outside temperature in the truck as any driver with frozen windows can attest to.

The heater argument ready doesn't work but it's equivalent would be a truck a/c system that keeps the cab at 85 degrees.
Way better then 105..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I believe the theory is(for me at least) is cooling air to the next stop. I don't think many would hope for a cooling period each stop.
Often is very little time. Very often.

How much wages you willing to give up for that?

qdg2

I've asked you the same question.... on numerous occasions.

Your resume grows every time.

Help me out.
Automotive, Pkg and Feeder.

Where have I "grows" anything?

A&P mechanic, Degrees in Air Cargo Transportation, Airline Marketing, Airport Mgt. and Aircraft Maintenance Technician.

Private Pilot w/instrument rating 500 hrs.

I'm not going to give you my SS#.

I've asked the perp many, many times and he goes silent(I suspect why).

BTW, keeping in mind I earned my A&P with about 4 hours sleep for 2 years. FAA programs will not allow any missing of courses or days(each missed day has to be made up)(a schools FAA accreditation is on the line for attendance) even while in the 2 year program. It's a tough schedule. It took me about 10 years to get my other aviation degrees. Automotive had a fixed schedule(that could be counted on) and I spent my unmarried time off each day going to school. I couldn't do anything in pkg as we all know the hours and nothing could be counted on. Our Feeder dept was so decimated after the 97 strike, schedules settled into very little change and that's when I got my A&P. My particular run ended at 0700. I was at school by 0800 till about 1500. Some sleep back at it at 1900. Repeat. 5 days a week.

Now, if this all seems Star Wars and impossible to fathom.....I don't know what to say. It takes a lot of dedication and sacrifice. It's taken me 40+ years to do all this......is that so hard to believe?

My only regret is that UPS never let me use it. I'm already looking for aviation jobs after retirement(about a year), maybe a vintage flight museum or such. Some volunteering.

Now, that's all of my business you need to know......question it all you want.......shrug.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
A system could be developed with a substantial duct and blower.

Would the Co. go to the trouble.....? I would think not. I believe the Co. will count on drivers quitting first....that's the way it's always been.
The problem is not blower capacity, it's cooling capacity. If you try to cool the cargo area even a powerful engine driven system may quickly get overwhelmed and just end up blowing near ambient temp air.
The only option? There are other options.....

The package car has a 12v system, there really is a limited amount of options here with existing tech.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hi,

When and how long did you deliver pkg(UPS)?
One doesn't have to deliver stuff for UPS to completely understand what it takes to get in/out of a truck and move heavy :censored2: around...Do you think it's really complicated?
And in what conditions? Your credentials please....mine are well known......15 years pkg on a heavy industrial route with 50 pickups in +100 deg conditions 90% humidity.
Waaaa....I've been in much rougher conditions than this Hazel
You belittle the pkg driver. Why? You also belittle Airline employees.
You are a liar, I do not belittle "the pkg driver." I am an Airline employee and you will never be one. I only belittle liars....
Thanks.

Here we go....

And where did I say "It's so hard to drive a truck and deliver stuff"?
You "infer" that....Look up the meaning Hazel.
And since you don't know me, what is my waist size-exactly now. You've personally attacked me(all note). #225
Waaaaa...I'm being "attacked".... I guess all those years of working at the world's most dangerous job didn't make you very tuff..Waaaa
So, when all this talk about banning me gets going again....please review^^^^^^^^^^^being intellectually honest and all....I don't think fairness will even be considered.
Waaaa....I want fairness....🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Last edited:

qdg2

The problem is not blower capacity, it's cooling capacity. If you try to cool the cargo area even a powerful engine driven system may quickly get overwhelmed and just end up blowing near ambient temp air.

The package car has a 12v system, there really is a limited amount of options here with existing tech.
I agree....limited.

And the drivers would quickly find out how limited the effectiveness is......

Just like when the cargo area got vented....yep...it got vented.....did it make any difference? Hardly. There ya go.

qdg2

One doesn't have to deliver stuff for UPS to completely understand what it takes to get in/out of a truck and move heavy :censored2: around...Do you think it's really complicated?

Waaaa....I've been in much rougher conditions than this Hazel

You are a liar.

You "infer" that....Look up the meaning Hazel.

Waaaaa...I'm being "attacked".... I guess all those years of working at the world's most dangerous job didn't make you very tuff..Waaaa

Waaaa....I want fairness....🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
Oh?

Airline Captains? Are they employees? But then I don't get to "hang around" those discussions....

So, you don't have ANY experience of which you excoriate and belittle folks....personally attack......TOS violations....

Nobody questioned how complicated moving stuff around is.....the thread is about how hot it is......how dangerous the heat can be.....

Now, please note : Admin and all.........where the vitriol comes from. The hate and pure anger.

Now for your credibilities sake......your continuing personal embarrassment.......why would anyone listen to or consider your point of view.......never having even done the job? Serious question Champ.

You remind me of mgt hires off the street....never having pkg delivery experience..."How hard could it be...?" "Now give me .3 stops more per hour..." Or the center mgr's that forgot where they came from....

Your hyper critical demeaning of the job.......and never have done it.......so odd. I'm not sure why no-one else calls you on this hypocrisy.

Tell us more. Please.

And fairness? You bet. I want at least, an equal chance to defend myself. No more no less. I have more than enough to match wits with this crowd......I can't fight City Hall though.