Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by cachsux, Dec 27, 2013.
Not just for the great thread, even greater article. Too little "good" news out there.
Love to see this become the thread with the most posts
Just sick and tired of the "UPS ruined my xmas" crap. So I found something that was reported about something decent.
Cach....I saw that this morning....thanks for posting it.
Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm a cover driver. Today I delivered to a business in a small town that I last delivered to a month or two ago. The woman said to me, "I have something of yours". I was curious, but figured she meant she had a package for me. She handed me a dollar bill and told me I dropped it on the floor in the bathroom the previous time I was there. I couldn't believe it! I know it was just a dollar, but she held onto it all that time for me! Awesome!
I heard this on Sirius on the way home from work tonight. The delivery person who delivered the pizza to the Oscars Sunday night received a $1K tip for his services. He initially received a $600 tip from the Oscars staff then Ellen gave him $400 to make it an even grand. He thought he was just going to be delivering the pizza to the writers and was more than a bit surprised when Ellen asked him to join her onstage. My son said it was an inside joke involving one of the stars of "The Hunger Games".
He's not just a delivery boy......
"Martirosyan is also a franchise owner, the newspaper reported."
Day 15 tobacco free.
No tobacco,day 15.Every time I feel like a smoke I simply have a bacon sandwich JK. Champix is a weird drug.It feels like a partial lobotomy.
Keep it up! I have been smoke free for almost two years. It's not easy even with chantix but stay strong. The best part of chantix are the "high def" dreams. They were absolutely amazing!
That's awesome dude, isn't that what its all about anyway? HELL YEAH GOOD ONE BRO
WORDS OF GREAT WISDOM (The Native American Code Of Ethics)
1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. If it was not earned or given, it is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth - whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people's thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life's lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self - all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others - especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.
Separate names with a comma.