Rate Your Center Manager

542thruNthru

Many years ago a center manager at one of our podunk extended centers recorded a conference call.
He then sent the tape and a letter to Atlanta saying, "I'm quitting and here's why I'm quitting.".
I heard Atlanta contacted him asking him not to quit.
I never heard what happened after that.

Historically helping.
The center manager here was begged to take a week off and think about it. He said "no thanks"

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
We had a center manager quit last week. Just left his badge, laptop and everything else UPS on his desk and walked out. He couldn't handle the mean conference calls is what I heard. Lol
I actually respect people like this who realize UPS is not the end-all, be-all. It takes a lot of guts to do what he did, hopefully he thought it through first.

Captain Qwark

For the last year, ours was a 1. Warning Letter station with a line of drivers every single day getting BS discipline. Bricked out package cars and then the next day you would be called into the office and accused of stealing time and termination/3 day ride alongs. Pure harassment and intimidation. She didn’t last long. For the last 2 months I honestly would give the new guy a 5. Changed overnight.
Makes a difference in moral doesn't it?

542thruNthru

I actually respect people like this who realize UPS is not the end-all, be-all. It takes a lot of guts to do what he did, hopefully he thought it through first.
I'd have respect for him if he didn't act the same way to driver's the way he was treated on conference calls.

So he could dish it out but couldn't take it.

Captain Qwark

You’d toss that salad if given a chance wouldn’t you
Burr, why is it everybody else stays on topic but you? Since you can't hear my inflection, I'm asking in a non-confrontational manner. Here's a challenge for you...stay on topic or ignore this thread. This isn't the first time you've done this to one of my posts. Why don't you write one of your own (posts) instead of pissing on mine? Thank you.

FromOffTheStreets

We've had 3 in the 6 years I've been here.
Current - 9 . Good person & gets things done. We'll see if it lasts.
Previous - 6 . Decent guy but he was basically never around. Lasted less than a year, then left ups.
Previous - 7 . Pretty laid back. Got Moved to a different center.
Before this there was Apparently a guy that was an absolute piece of trash. Horrible human being. He's a DM now.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Burr, why is it everybody else stays on topic but you? Since you can't hear my inflection, I'm asking in a non-confrontational manner. Here's a challenge for you...stay on topic or ignore this thread. This isn't the first time you've done this to one of my posts. Why don't you write one of your own (posts) instead of pissing on mine? Thank you.
EE5128F4-04E5-443A-A26B-690A589E72EA.gif

542thruNthru

Yeah! Stay on topic @burrheadd

Since you can't hear my inflection I'm saying this in a stop being a Barney voice....
oie_animation-12.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Do I know you?

If rating your center manager means that much to you then I’ll refrain
Catch you on the other side

What were some of your other screen names?

Drink Craft Beer

Who knew that rating your center manager was such an important and touchy subject
Dude, you made a BFD about me saying that our hub require's a worker to call in and report back to work after calling off the day prior. You even made reference to the contract for something so minor and petty.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I lost count of how many I had over 37 years, some of them I don't even remember their names. Most of them were decent, I only had two that I couldn't stand. I had one named George that made it up to UPS President of Operations, or some title like that. He came by our Center a couple of years ago and I didn't even remember working for him but he remembered me.