Rate Your Center Manager

satellitedriver

Wonder if they think the same of you
Where I’am from scabs don’t get much respect
Who cares about your respect ,or my past center Managers?
All those center managers are all dust in the wind.
You think the term scab is a derogatory that will offend me?
Where I'm from is why I would never consider to live where you have to reside.
Apparently, where you reside offers limited options for employment without a unions support, or your limited skills to find gainful employment.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Who cares about your respect ,or my past center Managers?
All those center managers are all dust in the wind.
You think the term scab is a derogatory that will offend me?
Where I'm from is why I would never consider to live where you have to reside.
Apparently, where you reside offers limited options for employment without a unions support, or your limited skills to find gainful employment.
A433CC2E-7544-4B57-AC7E-62097138A6C9.gif

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1. They’re new and let’s corporate run the place he’s just the middle man. They’re “forcing” us to work 6 days which our supplement contract is clearly against. They’ve burned our sick days on that 6th day twice!! Our Local has filed a grievance against them. I will not be working a Saturday for peak because they’re pulling this garbage.

quad decade guy

Im in Feeders so....

Our "main guy"(seems to be) is a Northeastern transplant. He seems to fit the Northeastern stereotype.

Progressive discipline.....he's never heard of it apparently....straight to termination.

Real hatchet man.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That's an ideal center manager right there. Leaves you alone, lets you do your thing and doesn't micromanage somebody who doesn't need to be.
Best kind. As long as you do the job, show up on time and don’t piss an moan over everything, I found you’ll get a lot of slack when you do explode over some genuinely outrageous :censored2:. And actually get taken it care of. Pick the hills you’re willing to die on carefully.

oldupsman

I lost count of how many I had over 37 years, some of them I don't even remember their names. Most of them were decent, I only had two that I couldn't stand. I had one named George that made it up to UPS President of Operations, or some title like that. He came by our Center a couple of years ago and I didn't even remember working for him but he remembered me.
That's because you were one of the good ones Scratch from a different era.
Came in every day and dressed and worked as a professional.

quad decade guy

It used to be a lot different. I just came to work, did the job, stayed away from doing stupid things, and went home.
Mostly.

Until they(Mgt.) put you in an impossible situation.....and tried to blame you for the outcome.....because they(Mgt.) were put in an impossible situation.....by their Mgt.....on and on.

Which taught me to finally ask: "Are you sure you want me to do this...?"

Example: Dispatch: "Take this hot load to Houston."(4 hours away) Me: "But I only have 4 hours left driving/on duty..." Dis.:"It's got to get there..."

Example: Me:"I have 33 NDA..."(To del. It's 09:30 with a 30 min. drive to area) THEM:"GET OUT OF THE BUILDING" Next Day......Them:"Intent to terminate." Me:"Why? Them: "failure to wear seatbelt" Me: "Huh?" Them:"We have it on video...." Me:"Let's see it....." Them: "No. You'll get to see it at the panel...."
Next day....Them: "Go to work."

Never heard another word.....

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
As a PVD (ok, scab, WTFever) I got pitiful training but I'm good at figuring things out. Still there are a lot of questions I need answers to. The drivers can't help because they don't use the :censored2: smart phone I use so I have to call my manager. It's like messaging a dog. He NEVER gets back to me. Im starting to get pissed. I don't want to go above him but there are critical issues I've come across that I don't know how to handle.