Ready to Strike?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1663769428172.png

Johney

Let me put to this way

My wife does not work at UPS but she has a part-time job

She does not want to work full time but they offered her probably about a 35% raise if she went from part-time to full-time
She still did not take the job because she does not want the hours
Not when she has a sugar daddy like you.

Trucker Clock

They should get rid of part time. it’s stupid at this point. Supervisors beg us part timers to double. Why not just make us full time? I’m not sure why the company created part time in the first place.

Because the majority of UPS operations around the country are just centers, not hubs.

Centers usually only run 2 shifts, preload and reload. Mornings from 4-9 AM and evenings from 5-10 PM.

The only way to make PT jobs at centers FT would be a split shift. Work 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.

How many people would really do that?

qdg2

The company has no leverage.

Training a completely new work force.... ? Good luck.
Actually they have the ultimate leverage.......

Shut down and start over.

Painful and costly....if not fatal......it has happened to businesses all through history.

An never forgetting the Amazon buzzard hovering for scraps.

Trucker Clock

Actually they have the ultimate leverage.......

Wrong.

Shut down and start over.

For a highly profitable Company with shareholders? To get rid of a Union they've had for decades? A Union that is not asking for the world? A Union that is just asking for reasonable pay and working conditions?

You're delusional...................No bullying intended..............just stating facts.

Painful and costly....if not fatal......it has happened to businesses all through history.

Not to highly profitable businesses with shareholders just to get rid of a Union.

An never forgetting the Amazon buzzard hovering for scraps.

Amazon can't deliver what they have now, and will never be able to, let alone our stuff.

I would like some of that stuff you're smoking or snorting........No bullying intended.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
UPS is pushing AC in trucks as a distraction for the real issues. Guys and gals, stop talking about AC and let’s focus on the money. Even if they agree with AC, how long before it breaks and doesn’t get fixed? Get our money, benefits, and retirement right, then we can worry about the other nonsense.
Ac in cars is the dumbest crap. Hell cut a hole in the back and put some fans in the cargo area. And it will be better. But 100% money and benefits overs all that

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because the majority of UPS operations around the country are just centers, not hubs.

Centers usually only run 2 shifts, preload and reload. Mornings from 4-9 AM and evenings from 5-10 PM.

The only way to make PT jobs at centers FT would be a split shift. Work 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.

How many people would really do that?
The solution for those places would be to have drivers loading.

Brownwind

In my building 22.3 jobs are expanding because of the low starting PT rate even with the rate adjustment or bonus. At least 10 more 22.3 jobs posted and I hear another 10 more are coming up. Load on twi and unload on midnight or unload on twi and load on midnight.
Sign me up. Might as well get paid.

If it helps everyone then why not..