Ready to Strike?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Take a look at Central States Pension Fund which had to have a massive Government bailout. Why do people who are not working think they deserve more money.

We been through this...just look at your own pension benefits. Why does your benefits stop at 35 years service? What happened to all those monetary increases that were suppose to go into your own individual pension trust?

Ask your Business Agent ....”show me the money “...?

The Central States issue has been resolved till 2050...The PGBC is paying forward in order to prevent bankrupting these underfunded pension plans...the retirees are not asking to increase their pension benefits, they are just asking to be paid what was promised.. nothing more.

Surprised that you are questioning why retirees should not get their promised benefits...I believe you have over 40 in and are getting close to leaving dodge. 🤔

Returntosender

If the job market is forcing UPS to pay that much already why even bother bargaining for it.

That averages out to half of the current inflation rate. I certainly wouldn't accept any concessions if that's all they have to offer.

Isn't the union in full control of what we pay in regards to the health plan? I think they just bargain for a combined amount the company gives to the union for health and welfare.
Not all ares•as if the country is 18+.

I don’t believe we have choice in the concessions example our current contract I voted no.

I notice language changed only drivers can not be disciplined using technology. Prior to that it was no employee. I did not like that change

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Actually they have the ultimate leverage.......

Shut down and start over.

Painful and costly....if not fatal......it has happened to businesses all through history.

An never forgetting the Amazon buzzard hovering for scraps.
You know how fast the shareholders would put together lawsuits if UPS tried that?

Even corporate has to answer to people. They can't just start over, because they'll lose a bunch of hedge funds billions of dollars.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Ac in cars is the dumbest crap. Hell cut a hole in the back and put some fans in the cargo area. And it will be better. But 100% money and benefits overs all that
Installing an a/c in the current fleet of package cars would be premeditated murder with all the exhaust leaks.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I just don't know if inflation is as bad as they say.
I'm still having trouble spending every nickel before the first of the month comes again.
I've only got 8 days to spend almost a $1000 dollars.
Waitresses fight each other and then run to my table. Uh..go figure.

qdg2

That sounds just like SCB from the old Teamster.net forum...he used to always say that UPS was gonna shut the doors to break the Union and then come back as a leaner meaner company under a different name.

He used to be here under a different name...Pablo something or other.

Hope he doesn't show up.
That sounds just like someone who ignores history and is doomed to repeat it.

DA something or another.

Now, history is littered with former union companies. Like shut the doors and emerge under a different name or just shuttered.

Discuss.

BrownFlush

That sounds just like someone who ignores history and is doomed to repeat it.

DA something or another.

Now, history is littered with former union companies. Like shut the doors and emerge under a different name or just shuttered.

Discuss.
The only good thing going public did besides making me rich.
Too many people gotta raise their hands in agreement. Too risky. It would take two lifetimes to recover, if then. Won’t happen.

I just don't know if inflation is as bad as they say.
I'm still having trouble spending every nickel before the first of the month comes again.
I've only got 8 days to spend almost a $1000 dollars.
Waitresses fight each other and then run to my table. Uh..go figure.
Pay your electric bill and go grocery shopping that should take care of a thousand bucks

BrownFlush

Pay your electric bill and go grocery shopping that should take care of a thousand bucks
Already did.
$203.67 for electric( auto pay). wife did Walmart a couple days ago, it was around $250.. we’ll end up throwin’ a third of it away in a few days.

Please… can you help, friend? I’m sinking here. Caught all the fish , played all the golf, sleepin’ all I want, yard looks like the cover of a magazine, new car and truck are so clean and shiny, l need shades to look at em in the garage, my pure bred dog eats $4 a pound dog food a scab driver brings to the door, take walks with no place to go, bedroom still works, … uh.. wait.. I haven’t got my ice cream cone today.
Sorry for the rant.. I forgot my electric bike is fully charged.. the village market is waiting. Life at a beach is hard to get used to. I might peddle some but it’s a little warm outside, I’m gonna use the throttle, baby… oh baby… oh baby

Already did.
$203.67 for electric( auto pay). wife did Walmart a couple days ago, it was around $250.. we’ll end up throwin’ a third of it away in a few days.

Please… can you help, friend? I’m sinking here. Caught all the fish , played all the golf, sleepin’ all I want, yard looks like the cover of a magazine, new car and truck are so clean and shiny, l need shades to look at em in the garage, my pure bred dog eats $4 a pound dog food a scab driver brings to the door, take walks with no place to go, bedroom still works, … uh.. wait.. I haven’t got my ice cream cone today.
Sorry for the rant.. I forgot my electric bike is fully charged.. the village market is waiting. Life at a beach is hard to get used to. I might peddle some but it’s a little warm outside, I’m gonna use the throttle, baby… oh baby… oh baby
Or you can invest that money into I bonds

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
no more ships at the port.do you know what that means?companys ordered a bunch of crap sitting in the warehouse,guess what people don't have the money to buy the crap guess what happens next?