Ready to Strike?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
There was no way the company was going to pay driver rate for a loader. I'm guessing like many others that the original proposal was that the 22.4 would get a lower rate when loading. We have to wait and see if they try to change the language on that. Up to this point I haven't heard of any 22.4 doing hub work.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There was no way the company was going to pay driver rate for a loader. I'm guessing like many others that the original proposal was that the 22.4 would get a lower rate when loading. We have to wait and see if they try to change the language on that. Up to this point I haven't heard of any 22.4 doing hub work.
22.4 don't make driver rate though.
It was proposed as a two tier system from the start. The lie was that it was a different job so it was different pay, when in fact it was the same job for less pay.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Getting raises that can keep up with years of high inflation is top priority for me.
Just googled what I was making in 2009 when I retired.
With inflation, right now, you're still making about $1 an hour more than I was.
They way it's going, I don't know if a dollar an hour every year for the life of the contract could keep up.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Getting raises that can keep up with years of high inflation is top priority for me.
Just googled what I was making in 2009 when I retired.
With inflation, right now, you're still making about $1 an hour more than I was.
They way it's going, I don't know if a dollar an hour every year for the life of the contract could keep up.
What was the average inflation over that period and what is it now?

Ya we're gonna need massive wage increases to keep up with the new normal of high inflation.

Returntosender

union will ask for PT 18.00 + starting wage depending what part of country. If company says no?
union response well UPS was paying PT close to 18.+ with the attendance weekly bonus during the pandemic so it’s proven UPS is able to increase the starting wage substantially

Union proposes General wage increase range 7.25 to 8.50 over a period of 5 years. If company agrees ? the union concession will be Saturday work mandatory?

Union proposal no PVD ? Company will say teamsters pay partial medical premiums to offset the costs of cheaper using PVD?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
union will ask for PT 18.00 + starting wage depending what part of country. If company says no?
union response well UPS was paying PT close to 18.+ with the attendance weekly bonus during the pandemic so it’s proven UPS is able to increase the starting wage substantially

Union proposes General wage increase range 7.25 to 8.50 over a period of 5 years. If company agrees ? the union concession will be Saturday work mandatory?

Union proposal no PVD ? Company will say teamsters pay partial medical premiums to offset the costs of cheaper using PVD?

I think 18-20 is reasonable for part time. Anything higher is pushing it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If the job market is forcing UPS to pay that much already why even bother bargaining for it.
That averages out to half of the current inflation rate. I certainly wouldn't accept any concessions if that's all they have to offer.
Isn't the union in full control of what we pay in regards to the health plan? I think they just bargain for a combined amount the company gives to the union for health and welfare.

govols019

You smell that?
Actually they have the ultimate leverage.......

Shut down and start over.

Painful and costly....if not fatal......it has happened to businesses all through history.

An never forgetting the Amazon buzzard hovering for scraps.

That sounds just like SCB from the old Teamster.net forum...he used to always say that UPS was gonna shut the doors to break the Union and then come back as a leaner meaner company under a different name.

He used to be here under a different name...Pablo something or other.

Hope he doesn't show up.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That sounds just like SCB from the old Teamster.net forum...he used to always say that UPS was gonna shut the doors to break the Union and then come back as a leaner meaner company under a different name.

Hope he doesn't show up.

R.I.P. (On Both)...

Scb....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If the job market is forcing UPS to pay that much already why even bother bargaining for it.

That averages out to half of the current inflation rate. I certainly wouldn't accept any concessions if that's all they have to offer.

Isn't the union in full control of what we pay in regards to the health plan? I think they just bargain for a combined amount the company gives to the union for health and welfare.

Monetary contributions into our individual Health and Welfare plans are negotiated along the lines of Article 34 (master). It is running about 500 a week for each full timer and 350 for the part timers, increases annually usually around 50 cents per hour based on your straight time weekly.

The Union has no control over our Health and Welfare packages, they just negotiate monetary increases. The ultimate control is with your Health and Welfare Administrators, they negotiate with individual healthcare agencies to get the best deals. If they are growing and prospering you are in a good place, those hourly increases can go towards your GWI or Pension Plans. Look at the last two years on this Contract under Article 34 under health and welfare contributions (TBA)..

Here is a good question: Is there any Monetary Employer Contributions going into our Retiree's Health and Welfare plans or are the active members supplementing their coverages?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Hope he doesn't show up.
PobreCarlos ???