Ready to Strike?

100%

What we walked for and got was a huge win, did not cost the Company very much in the long run.

Um, no it won't.

OK, Slick, here we go.

Do you realize how much this would cost the Company in extra employees, extra benefits and extra equipment? Package cars, tractors, building expansions (yes, most buildings cannot handle 20% more package cars.)

Do you realize how much this would cost the Company?

How do you plan on delivering peak volume. There are no more rental trucks to rent. Or do you want the Company to buy extra package cars just for peak and let them sit around all year long not being used. Do you realize how much this would cost the Company?

OK, these will be gone.

How do you plan on getting the trailers to the preload sooner? To get drivers out sooner? Or do you want drivers loading their package cars right next to the preloader just so they can get their 8 in and be off by 5:00? Or do you want to send the preloaders home while the drivers wrap up their cars?

The Company is very profitable right know. But what you're suggesting is to kill the Golden Goose, to pretty much bankrupt the Company. Most of us, including O'Brien, is pretty much smarter than you. We know we can't ask for what you dream of because the Company cannot afford it. It would put them out of business. So they may as well just let us walk and try and start replacing us right away. At least they may have a slim chance of surviving long term.

You're brilliant!
Sure thing SLICK. How’s your desk job?

Trucker Clock

Do you realize how much it cost the company in the constant turn over in untrained and unmotivated employees. $25/hr for PT would save the company $Millions.

Looky there. Someone else that is clueless. How is it going to save the Company millions when it's going to cost them billions?

Just for round numbers, let's say there are 300,000 part timers. At a $10 raise per part timer, it would cost the Company $3 million extra per hour. Let's say part timers average 5 hours per day. I know, some work less but some also get overtime and some are working 6 days.

This would cost the Company $75 million per week, or almost $4 billion per year. How in the hell is spending $4 billion going to save millions? And $4 billion is their typical yearly net profit, outside of COVID. Someone else wanting to bankrupt the Company.

PT Car Washer

Looky there. Someone else that is clueless. How is it going to save the Company millions when it's going to cost them billions?

Just for round numbers, let's say there are 300,000 part timers. At a $10 raise per part timer, it would cost the Company $3 million extra per hour. Let's say part timers average 5 hours per day. I know, some work less but some also get overtime and some are working 6 days.

This would cost the Company $75 million per week, or almost $4 billion per year. How in the hell is spending $4 billion going to save millions? And $4 billion is their typical yearly net profit, outside of COVID. Someone else wanting to bankrupt the Company.
The company would have a trained motivated work force. Less misloads, less damages, fewer supervisors (who are just higher paid package handlers), fewer hourly employees, etc. You are thinking short term expenses.

PT Car Washer

The company is already being forced to hire more 22.3 employees paid $35 to $40/hr because no one will stay for the low wages.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The company would have a trained motivated work force. Less misloads, less damages, fewer supervisors (who are just higher paid package handlers), fewer hourly employees, etc.
You will never have a low turnover well trained and motivated part time work force. Those people want full time jobs.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not short term expense. You're talking $4 billion per year every year. That's a long term expense.

It's not the wages as to why they are not staying around. A couple hundred extra per week will not keep them around.

The Company is going to save close to 2 billion a year by eliminating additional funding into their management’s retirement fund. They will still have to contribute just enough to maintain coverage for their current retirees and actives, again I expect a buy out for those active participants... it is coming.

Everything is pointing toward creating more full time positions...face it the work is too physical for most of our entry level jobs, so much easier work out there and most of it pays the same if not more.

PT Car Washer

A lot of your assumptions are incorrect. You are assuming every PT Union member is making $15/hr. In my building the minimum wage is $19/hr and I have heard other buildings are much higher. A lot of PT are already earning more than $25/hr. How much does it cost to hire and train the thousands of new hires that stay for a few days or weeks?

Trucker Clock

A lot of your assumptions are incorrect. You are assuming every PT Union member is making $15/hr. In my building the minimum wage is $19/hr and I have heard other buildings are much higher.

I said on average. A lot are still making less than $15/hr. A whole or less.

A lot of PT are already earning more than $25/hr.

More are earning less than $15/hr than those earning more than $25/hr. A lot more.

How much does it cost to hire and train the thousands of new hires that stay for a few days or weeks?

Not much at all. Trained by PT sups that are already there. Just costs HR a little to hire them. Pocket change to train them.