Ready to Strike?

Trucker Clock

My response was the rate will not go up $10/hr as a lot of starting PT are earning way over $15/hr and even more seniority PT are already earning over $25/hr.

I wasn't referring to you. But I'll take a stab at it anyway.

OK, maybe my numbers are slightly off. Let's just take half of my guesstimate. You're saying that spending $2 billion will save the Company millions? You're not very good at math either. So, if you're going to spend billions to save millions, well, I'm glad you're not in charge.

I agree. But, the post I responded to, and he says it is very reasonable, wanted the PT rate to go up $10/hr, the FT rate to go up $10/hr, (just to start, and then raises from there), the pensions to go up 25% and full benefits for retirees. There is not enough money for all this.

Just off the top of my head, looking around $15 billion just for the first contract year.
Shouldn't you be on a conference call or something?

MostHelpNeeded

I agree. But, the post I responded to, and he says it is very reasonable, wanted the PT rate to go up $10/hr, the FT rate to go up $10/hr, (just to start, and then raises from there), the pensions to go up 25% and full benefits for retirees. There is not enough money for all this.

Just off the top of my head, looking around $15 billion just for the first contract year.
Not agreeing or disagreeing, just wondering...

What's the number on Full timers and part timers you're using? Genuinely interested in how many are covered by the contract so we can give a little context to the cost of a raise.

Trucker Clock

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just wondering...

What's the number on Full timers and part timers you're using? Genuinely interested in how many are covered by the contract so we can give a little context to the cost of a raise.

Roughly 250,000 PT and 200,000 FT. I think I used 300,000 PT to account for seasonal and easier rounding. If PT rate was raised, the seasonal rate would also go up.

Trucker Clock

Well the company had zero problem given the shareholders the 1.5 billion dollar raise

You realize how business works? Shareholders get a dividend for the shares they buy and hold. As the Company does better, so do they. If the company does worse, so do they.

But yes, we should also get more as the Company does better. Not $15 billion though.

clean hairy

They give away how many $$ in dividends to stockholders each year?

You realize how business works? Shareholders get a dividend for the shares they buy and hold. As the Company does better, so do they. If the company does worse, so do they.

But yes, we should also get more as the Company does better. Not $15 billion though.
All I'm saying they had no problem jacking the dividend through the roof, don't cry poor a contract time or the :censored2:ing stock won't be worth a :censored2: nickel when we strike

Trucker Clock

All I'm saying they had no problem jacking the dividend through the roof, don't cry poor a contract time or the :censored2:ing stock won't be worth a :censored2: nickel when we strike

They jacked up the dividend because their net profit went through the roof. They will not get as much next quarter if the revenue decreases. As opposed to our wages. If we get a huge raise now because of 1 stellar year, what happens next year if the revenue returns to normal yet we still have that huge raise?

I'm nor crying poor. I'm just replying to certain people who do not understand business and want to bankrupt the Company. You cannot rely on $12 billion profit each year over the next 5 years.

542thruNthru

OK, these will be gone.
The 22.4 jobs are here to stay to delivery the weekend work. We just need to reign in the language, like paying FT driver wage for the time they deliver packages, so as not to abuse the language just to deliver packages at a cheaper rate.

Sorry, but O'Brien knows this. The 22.4's are here to stay. Let's just clean up the language.

So which is it? 22.4s gone or stay?

They jacked up the dividend because their net profit went through the roof. They will not get as much next quarter if the revenue decreases. As opposed to our wages. If we get a huge raise now because of 1 stellar year, what happens next year if the revenue returns to normal yet we still have that huge raise?

I'm nor crying poor. I'm just replying to certain people who do not understand business and want to bankrupt the Company. You cannot rely on $12 billion profit each year over the next 5 years.
I agree with that.
They should not have raised the dividend that high. They should have made it one time special payment and maybe raise the dividend by 10 cents

Brownwind

Just an ordinary employee here checking in on the last ten years of profits.