Ready to Strike?

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I said on average. A lot are still making less than $15/hr. A whole or less.

More are earning less than $15/hr than those earning more than $25/hr. A lot more.

Not much at all. Trained by PT sups that are already there. Just costs HR a little to hire them. Pocket change to train them.
Sounds to me like you’re the clueless one. No offense.

clean hairy

Looky there. Someone else that is clueless. How is it going to save the Company millions when it's going to cost them billions?

Just for round numbers, let's say there are 300,000 part timers. At a $10 raise per part timer, it would cost the Company $3 million extra per hour. Let's say part timers average 5 hours per day. I know, some work less but some also get overtime and some are working 6 days.

This would cost the Company $75 million per week, or almost $4 billion per year. How in the hell is spending $4 billion going to save millions? And $4 billion is their typical yearly net profit, outside of COVID. Someone else wanting to bankrupt the Company.
Quit raising the dividend and giving billions to the stockholders!
The employees deserve it more!

Trucker Clock

The starting contractual wage is $15.50/hr. Where do PT make less?

Sounds to me like you’re the clueless one. No offense.

Typo. The average part timers makes around $15/hr. Just rounded it off for numbers sake.

The same that I said the average part timer works 5 hours. Some work less, but probably a whole lot work more, which means OT, and possibly even 6 days.

I just rounded to come up with a ball park figure to show $25/hr for part timers would cost the Company billions.

100%

Typo. The average part timers makes around $15/hr. Just rounded it off for numbers sake.

The same that I said the average part timer works 5 hours. Some work less, but probably a whole lot work more, which means OT, and possibly even 6 days.

I just rounded to come up with a ball park figure to show $25/hr for part timers would cost the Company billions.
How many billions bc they got 12 extra ones last year?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The employees do deserve more. Never said we don’t.

Just saying that what some people have posted is unrealistic.

Most of it ain’t...

Go back to the B/C way back machine and see some of the proposals from the 2002, 2008, 2013 and 2018..

Remember we did have dollar, dollar, dollar raises back in the early 80’s, that was 40 years ago. What would that be equivalent to today?

Fact is that over the last several Contracts most of us got hourly monetary contributions distributed between GWI (dollar), Health and Welfare (.50) and Pension (.50)..

Every employer (small business and up) now had to face the fact that they have to raise their starting Hourly rates just to provide a service. Most of the time it had nothing to do with the quality of TVs new hire, a warm body will suffice.
At one time we had the pick of the litter (stable, young college kids).. today we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Most of it ain’t...

Go back to the B/C way back machine and see some of the proposals from the 2002, 2008, 2013 and 2018..

Remember we did have dollar, dollar, dollar raises back in the early 80’s, that was 40 years ago. What would that be equivalent to today?

Fact is that over the last several Contracts most of us got hourly monetary contributions distributed between GWI (dollar), Health and Welfare (.50) and Pension (.50)..

Every employer (small business and up) now had to face the fact that they have to raise their starting Hourly rates just to provide a service. Most of the time it had nothing to do with the quality of TVs new hire, a warm body will suffice.
At one time we had the pick of the litter (stable, young college kids).. today we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
I think half of our part-timers have ankle bracelets

DELACROIX

Remember they save on the part timers’ pension (takes 5 years to become vested) and health and welfare costs (younger workforce, no dependents and some stay on their parents plan till age 26).

Overtime for a part timer should be non existent..back in the day they chased the low seniority part timers off the clock before 3.5 hours. Most of that decision making had to do with future pension benefits and the time commitment of the part timers school schedule.

Now we have part timers working over 35 hours a week to cover vacancies and increase in volume levels.

Plenty of money is there on both sides.. it is now a matter of allocation.

DELACROIX

People used to want this job at one time...

Back when I was hired in when you told people that you worked at UPS they were impressed..I started at 5.50 an hour part time.. equivalent today would be over 35 bucks an hour.

Now when you mention that you work for UPS they feel sorry for you..and probably think to themselves “what a loser”.

Back when I was hired in when you told people that you worked at UPS they were impressed..I started at 5.50 an hour part time.. equivalent today would be over 35 bucks an hour.

Now when you mention that you work for UPS they feel sorry for you..and probably think to themselves “what a loser”.
Especially your FT co workers.

Trucker Clock

Plenty of money is there on both sides.. it is now a matter of allocation.

I agree. But, the post I responded to, and he says it is very reasonable, wanted the PT rate to go up $10/hr, the FT rate to go up $10/hr, (just to start, and then raises from there), the pensions to go up 25% and full benefits for retirees. There is not enough money for all this.

Just off the top of my head, looking around $15 billion just for the first contract year.

I agree. But, the post I responded to, and he says it is very reasonable, wanted the PT rate to go up $10/hr, the FT rate to go up $10/hr, (just to start, and then raises from there), the pensions to go up 25% and full benefits for retirees. There is not enough money for all this.

Just off the top of my head, looking around $15 billion just for the first contract year.
My response was the rate will not go up $10/hr as a lot of starting PT are earning way over $15/hr and even more seniority PT are already earning over $25/hr.

You old bastard!