Ready to Strike?

100%

Like I said, you're brilliant.

Business 101. Companies are in business to make money. If they don't turn a profit, they shut down.
Thank you for your last sentence. I guess you really do believe UPS will not shut down. Profits for everyone, every year, and every quarter.

100%

The Company making money is our problem. If the Company doesn't make money, we don't have a job.

I replied to someone who wanted all of the Company's profits to go to us. No profit, no job. Period.

Our problem is how much of that profit should go to us.
Wrong. You replied to me saying I wanted ALL the profits. You said that not me. Please tell us what quarter UPS didn’t make a profit? This company has been profitable every year every quarter and you’re up here saying we need to make sure UPS gets another $50B? Can we get some crumbs? Is that you Carol?

PT Car Washer

Wrong. You replied to me saying I wanted ALL the profits. You said that not me. Please tell us what quarter UPS didn’t make a profit? This company has been profitable every year every quarter and you’re up here saying we need to make sure UPS gets another $50B? Can we get some crumbs? Is that you Carol?
Its not Carol. Just her puppet.

Trucker Clock

Thank you for your last sentence. I guess you really do believe UPS will not shut down.

No, because you're not in charge.

Wrong. You replied to me saying I wanted ALL the profits. You said that not me.

Here. Let me help you out about what you said. This is taking all of UPS's profits.

-No forced OT(normal day is 8 not 9.5, need over 8 list with double pay penalty)
-Catchup raise to $50 driver $25 Pt, then start yearly raises.
-minimum 25% increase in pensions
-full benefits for retirees(when we need them the most)
-no PVDs
-no 22.4s
-no driver start times after 8:30am

Damnit this will take forever. Let’s try it this way. Go back in every contract since 1997 and get back everything we have given them.

you’re up here saying we need to make sure UPS gets another $50B?

Never said that. Here, let me help you out again. This is what I said.

The Company making money is our problem. If the Company doesn't make money, we don't have a job.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I can understand what you are saying, the climate has changed since 1997 but that does not justify voting out of fear. Maybe I am wrong in my observations about what is happening, but admit these negotiations were never about providing the membership information, all we got was spin-doctoring. I have my own issues with the Ohio Rider that has really not been brought up on this site, again you are not getting the whole story to make an informed vote.

I just get tired of the victim mentality that is out there, not only with this issue. I have the most respect for those you post on this site, at least you are trying to do something or understand the issues but I am afraid we are in the minority. Question would be are we actually doing something or just venting.

I have posted on this site the last two contracts under a different site name. I tried to help members to understand the contract pros and cons. Been pretty disappointed with the results, but what the hell I will give it another chance with at least some hope.

I have to watch myself as many of you know this site can be a bit addictive, just have a sense of humor and don't let the issues eat your soul. Besides it provides a good tool to upgrade my grammar and spelling skills.

The lack of information was an issue and Mr. Hall took responsibility and apologized for that. We should be past that. Then when the second vote came people at least in my area were pissed because they got too much information. I would love to know what your issues are with the Ohio Rider. I do feel I am making an informed decision on the vote. We just disagree with each other which is fine. It happens.
The victim mentality is a thing unfortunately everyone seems to have. It is like the MEASTER's who only care about themselves and screw everyone else. We need to stick together as a family but we also need to realize as a family what's best for everyone and move on until next contract.
If anything, the next proposal meetings and negotiations will forever be changed by what took place over the last year.
I'm too old to care about my grammar skills now.

So true...circa 2014...

:hamwheelsmilf:

Can we learn from our past mistakes?

Last edited:

DELACROIX

What you might characterize as prior mistakes....in reality.... are the results of member participation.

No more, No less.

Just say'n.

"the results of member participation" are the result of "Poor Leadership".

When leadership ignores requests for help and looks the other way when confronted with any of our member's concerns or questions you got a problem.

We all seen the lack of Union Participation over the years, particularly since Carey was ousted 24 years ago. When you do not believe you have the same opportunities to improve your future like other members in our Union because of your classification or what conference you are under because those on the negotiation committees are looking out for number one or are appeasing their voter base for the next local or international election expect a compromise.

We have to get back to the purpose of Collective Bargaining, everybody has to have the same opportunities for improvements...just not the selected few.

Way too many members are being left behind to fend for themselves...and you don't think the Company sees that and will use it to drive a wedge into that wound in order to further weaken the membership..

Trucker Clock

"the results of member participation" are the result of "Poor Leadership".

When leadership ignores requests for help and looks the other way when confronted with any of our member's concerns or questions you got a problem.

We all seen the lack of Union Participation over the years, particularly since Carey was ousted 24 years ago. When you do not believe you have the same opportunities to improve your future like other members in our Union because of your classification or what conference you are under because those on the negotiation committees are looking out for number one or are appeasing their voter base for the next local or international election expect a compromise.

We have to get back to the purpose of Collective Bargaining, everybody has to have the same opportunities for improvements...just not the selected few.

Way too many members are being left behind to fend for themselves...and you don't think the Company sees that and will use it to drive a wedge into that wound in order to further weaken the membership..

I agree. Although poor leadership is only one factor in member participation. And probably not the biggest factor.

A Union job used to get you something. Today, part timers can make more money at Amazon or even McDonalds. Yes, they have better job protection and benefits here, but they don't see these benefits a result of Union participation. Most part timers don't even know they're in a Union. Is this the fault of Union leadership? Maybe, but it may also be the fault of all of us, the membership, not pointing out to them what they have, and who got that for them.

Full timers just take for granted anymore $40/hr and full benefits. They expect it now. And they think that they would have it even without a Union.

Our past brothers fought long and hard, as we still do, for these benefits. The typical employee that has never had a huge problem, and has never needed the backing of the Union, just thinks that the monthly dues are taking beer money away.

So, we can look to the leadership for the lack of member participation, but, I think we also need to look at ourselves first.

I am very active in our local. So are most of our members. Our local knows that we will vote them out if they don't do their jobs. I have seen people post on here, and I know for myself, that there are locals out there that don't give a rats ass about the members. They do what they want for their own purposes without the fear of being replaced. Why? Because we don't vote in the local elections either.

DELACROIX

I agree. Although poor leadership is only one factor in member participation. And probably not the biggest factor.

A Union job used to get you something. Today, part timers can make more money at Amazon or even McDonalds. Yes, they have better job protection and benefits here, but they don't see these benefits a result of Union participation. Most part timers don't even know they're in a Union. Is this the fault of Union leadership? Maybe, but it may also be the fault of all of us, the membership, not pointing out to them what they have, and who got that for them.

Full timers just take for granted anymore $40/hr and full benefits. They expect it now. And they think that they would have it even without a Union.

Our past brothers fought long and hard, as we still do, for these benefits. The typical employee that has never had a huge problem, and has never needed the backing of the Union, just thinks that the monthly dues are taking beer money away.

So, we can look to the leadership for the lack of member participation, but, I think we also need to look at ourselves first.

I am very active in our local. So are most of our members. Our local knows that we will vote them out if they don't do their jobs. I have seen people post on here, and I know for myself, that there are locals out there that don't give a rats ass about the members. They do what they want for their own purposes without the fear of being replaced. Why? Because we don't vote in the local elections either.

Well Said...I do see a positive change happening with our Union now...For example in my local we are not flipping them every 5 years, same people for the most part have been in charge for over 20 years..some of them were Hoffa Supporters but saw stuff and left that camp long time ago. No ticket runs against them now because we know were they stand and those Union Official Positions are not as desirable as they were when the Old Guard was slipping money or favors under the table for their support.

Remember those conventions when the opposition was censored and bullied..the statements about Sandy Pope and every other TDU candidate was pure :bsbullf: and if done today most of those "Real Teamsters" would be in civil court explaining their public libel .

Now there is no opposition, it is not likely the old Hoffa Supporters will be forming another party ands run on the Old Guard platform. It appears that our leadership is united, O'Brien totally destroyed Hoffa's hand picked opponents easily.