Ready to Strike?

100%

I'm ready to strike because that's exactly what UPS will make us do to get a decent contract. Been here too long and know UPS the company too well. They will 100% make us strike to get even the bare minimum of asks.
This is all we need to know right here. I hope teamsters don’t think if we say “please”, that UPS will give us something.

Trucker Clock

When the Hoffa administration ratified the last Contract right after the rank and file voted it down even after UPS released a statement that they were willing to go back to the table really showed their true nature. They were scared...plain and simple, they did not believe that the members would hold the line if a strike was called. Everybody (particularly the Company) knew that Hoffa was out after the 2013 Contract and the 2015 General Election that he barely won.

Thanks....:canadfireworks:

Has it really changed or are going to be played again...have to see?

I have said it before. The Company cannot afford a strike, with all the shareholders now. As long as it is not a ridiculous take it or leave it offer by the Union, we will get a good contract.

Fenris

I understand you're thinking, and I agree with you. There is asking for what's fair, and there's asking for too much.

However, something to think about with your numbers....

UPS profited 12 Billion last year, that we know. But when doing your maths, keep in mind that they took in 98 Billion in revenue.

It's not just about cutting into that profit, it's about reallocation.

Does 1 person deserve 27 million? I don't care what other CEO's make. You're telling me no one would do that job for 26 million? 25 million? 5 million?

You get the picture. How UPS chooses to allocate their money, is well.. their choice.

We just want, and deserve a bigger piece of it. After all, if it's not for the work we do, none of their jobs exist.

THAT is what our fight is about.
Keep I mind that something like $6B of that $12B in profit was purely a one time write-off of liability for Central States Pension with the government handout and is not ongoing profit.

MostHelpNeeded

Keep I mind that something like $6B of that $12B in profit was purely a one time write-off of liability for Central States Pension with the government handout and is not ongoing profit.
I understand, and I also understand that profit can be manipulated. Revenue is where it's at, and regardless of actual profit, my point still stands. It's how they choose to allocate that revenue.

The wealth gap is getting out of control. Middle class has been declining my whole life. The fight is to rebalance that gap. Again Allocation. The problem is not just at UPS, it's everywhere. Huge profits, Huge payouts for a few and the rest barely scrape by. The younger generation is waking up to the BS of this, and there is a finally a desire for a labor movement growing. We're the biggest single employer union here, working for a very profitable company. If we can't show the world the power and benefit of a union, then who the hell is supposed to?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Back when I was hired in when you told people that you worked at UPS they were impressed..I started at 5.50 an hour part time.. equivalent today would be over 35 bucks an hour.

Now when you mention that you work for UPS they feel sorry for you..and probably think to themselves “what a loser”.

Got damn you must be older than Rod

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Curious......

At what cost?

As you seem to know much or at least comment on much with the confidence of some inside knowledge......

BTW, he didn't say he wanted all the profits.

We are still paying for the 97 strike(yes we are).

You submit the company can and will survive any work stoppage and the consequences?

I submit UPS has a war plan.....how many losses$$$$$ will we take? How much damage to their brand and market share.

You’re back at it
Full blown circles you’re talking in
Nobody can make heads or tales out of
your nonsense
Well maybe Integrity can you and he seem to be of the same ilk

100%

Never said we shouldn't.

So, if you don't get all of the Company's profits over the last 5 years, you will strike. You're brilliant.
I never said all, but now I’m thinking we should get all of it. You sound like a scared center manager. You criticized me for wanting way too much but then you throw out there that I want ALL profits from 5 years. I’m talking about profits since 1997 and the profits over the next contract. The $30B was just this contract and we still have another year. Go get those figures then let’s sit at the table. I’m sorry but when you’ve treated your employees like :censored2: for decades, don’t come to us wanting to give us your deal. UPS will be coming to us for a deal. Grow a pair nuts lad.

FYI just over the past 12 years UPS net profit is about $54B. Like i said, NOTHING I PROPOSED IS UNREASONABLE!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When the Hoffa administration ratified the last Contract right after the rank and file voted it down even after UPS released a statement that they were willing to go back to the table really showed their true nature.

Back to this again.

The Hoffa administration was compelled to follow the IBT Constitution.... plain and simple.

They were scared...plain and simple, they did not believe that the members would hold the line if a strike was called.

Scared.... ? Nope.

But, it was a "bitch slap" of reality.

Are you going to call a strike, when only 22% even bothered to vote on it ?

Thebrownblob

Back to this again.

The Hoffa administration was compelled to follow the IBT Constitution.... plain and simple.

Scared.... ? Nope.

I understand people being upset about the last contract and the way it was ratified. But it is mostly a misunderstanding of the bylaws of the international constitution, it was not a sneaky trick, It was a legitimate provision. Complaining about how the contract was negotiated is legitimate, but once it was voted on we could not go back, most of the things disliked were brought up and implemented because of union negotiators, I believe they thought it would work, unfortunately they were naïve. I do feel the democratic process in our union worked and the provision was removed. For better or worse we will find out.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Back to this again.

Scared.... ? Nope.

Could be wrong on this...didn’t Hoffa have a choice between ratifying the Contract or going back to table?

The last time we ever had a contract vote over 50 % participation was back in 1997. We can’t keep using our membership’s apathy as an excuse for lack of backbone from our elected officials.

Study the General Election participants ..the apathy is the same ... only 200,000 voted out of 1.4 million.

Again ancient history...a deed done..

Thebrownblob

Could be wrong on this...didn’t Hoffa have a choice between ratifying the Contract or going back to table?

The last time we ever had a contract vote over 50 % participation was back in 1997. We can’t keep using our membership’s apathy as an excuse for lack of backbone from our elected officials.

Study the General Election participants ..the apathy is the same ... only 200,000 voted out of 1.4 million.

Again ancient history...a deed done..
He did have a choice,
But I don’t think Hoffa at that point had the desire or fight left. As well as many of the things disliked (like 22.4) were union negotiator proposals.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He did have a choice,
But I don’t think Hoffa at that point had the desire or fight left.

I respectfully disagree.

Hence the purpose of eliminating the 2/3's rule. He was bound by the IBT constitution. A no-win situation.

As well as many of the things disliked (like 22.4) were union negotiator proposals.

Unfortunately, the members showed their disdain and disinterest by not voting.