Received a seatbelt violation..

jerrystackedout

Got a seatbelt ticket driving home from work........ was going 10 over, thankfully let me go with seatbelt ticket only... was more than likely driving peak this year. Is that out of the question now? Medium sized hub

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
look on the back of ticket for options. you may be able to go to school to have ticket dismissed. not sure about points as each state is different.

Box Ox

Got a seatbelt ticket driving home from work........ was going 10 over, thankfully let me go with seatbelt ticket only... was more than likely driving peak this year. Is that out of the question now? Medium sized hub

Should probably be fine as it’s a non-moving violation. But it sounds like the ticket is legit as a secondary offense from the article @Oak posted:

“For a simple front license plate, I’m more inclined to give a warning for that, and just issue the seat belt citation,” he said. “We are pretty much all the time always looking for seat belt violations.”

The officer probably verbally warned you about your speed, right? Sounds like they don’t have to actually ticket the primary offense for the secondary to stick. Officer still did you a solid not ticketing on the 10 over.

Seatbelt ticket would still suck if you’ve gotta pay a fat court cost fee on top of the ticket. For my last ticket I sent a traffic lawyer to court for $100 and went on with my day. They got the ticket dismissed. Court costs get thrown out with it. Well worth the $$.

Don’t ever settle for a ticket reduction mill lawyer who might cost like $25-$50 less. Pay a little more for a dude who’ll step up to the DA and tell them they won’t be satisfied with a mere reduction.

Indecisi0n

Should probably be fine as it’s a non-moving violation. But it sounds like the ticket is legit as a secondary offense from the article @Oak posted:

“For a simple front license plate, I’m more inclined to give a warning for that, and just issue the seat belt citation,” he said. “We are pretty much all the time always looking for seat belt violations.”

The officer probably verbally warned you about your speed, right? Sounds like they don’t have to actually ticket the primary offense for the secondary to stick. Officer still did you a solid not ticketing on the 10 over.

Seatbelt ticket would still suck if you’ve gotta pay a fat court cost fee on top of the ticket. For my last ticket I sent a traffic lawyer to court for $100 and went on with my day. They got the ticket dismissed. Court costs get thrown out with it. Well worth the $$.

Don’t ever settle for a ticket reduction mill lawyer who might cost like $25-$50 less. Pay a little more for a dude who’ll step up to the DA and tell them they won’t be satisfied with a mere reduction.
This whole thing could have easily been avoided. Next time don't stop.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Why not just wear your seat belt all the time? No one is gonna think your a bad ass for speeding while not wearing one, just makes you look stupid.