Receivers that are "too busy" to sign

Wrong, if they want my respect then they should give me some too. This goes for my own bosses too. I'm pretty adamant about that.

I don't usually have problems getting a signature. I'm not invisible and if you treat me like I am, I'll make sure you see me. But in the end, I get paid by the hour and I can sit here all day and wait for you to give me a signature. (figuratively speaking of course)
show them your snow boobs!lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Refused means the consignee didn't want the pkg, not refused to sign. Wait or come back later. There is a fine line between conveying a sense of urgency and looking like a knob. Next Day delivered seperately from ground is 2 stops, why wouldn't it be? The competition uses 2 trucks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Refused means the consignee didn't want the pkg, not refused to sign. Wait or come back later. There is a fine line between conveying a sense of urgency and looking like a knob. Next Day delivered seperately from ground is 2 stops, why wouldn't it be? The competition uses 2 trucks.

The only time I use DUP is when I am at a stop and stop complete it before I realize there is another package. Sheet up second package and record as dup.

DS

Fenderbender
I don't even know how to distinguish it as a duplicate stop. One of those things I never learned. Either way, you get paid your hourly wage.
When you scan a pkg at the bottom on the diad, there are touch screen options.
One reads dup. Small arrow left,touch dup,it won't count as a stop.

When you scan a pkg at the bottom on the diad, there are touch screen options.
One reads dup. Small arrow left,touch dup,it won't count as a stop.
Hit the dup button at every stop! and show zero stops per hour! That will make your boss very happy! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON A REPORT!!! Driver X zero stops per hour 10 hours over!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If they are refusing to sign for it, that means they dont want it.

If they do want it...then they will sign for it.

Im a reasonable guy and Im more than willing to be patient, but once it becomes clear that the consignee has no intention of doing anything about the fact that they have a package that needs a signature, I will RTS it and move along to my customers who do want to sign for their packages.

cino321

I find it insulting when a customer feels their time is far more precious than mine. I take it personally. I've refused 100+ piece drop stops because no one wanted to sign for them. That being said I make sure I'm noticed and all eyes are on me when I go and deliver a package. Especially if there are women around.

S

serenity now

I find it insulting when a customer feels their time is far more precious than mine. I take it personally. I've refused 100+ piece drop stops because no one wanted to sign for them. That being said I make sure I'm noticed and all eyes are on me when I go and deliver a package. Especially if there are women around.

then why don't these women leap across their desks to get close and sign your diad?

Notretiredyet

Had that issue yesterday, couldn't get anyone of the six people walking by the del point to sign. The last person said someone will be out in a few minutes. Waited a bit longer then service crossed them all NI1 left a del notice and left. We'll see if someone wants to sign today.

Indecisi0n

Had that issue yesterday, couldn't get anyone of the six people walking by the del point to sign. The last person said someone will be out in a few minutes. Waited a bit longer then service crossed them all NI1 left a del notice and left. We'll see if someone wants to sign today.

And when office says the business called and you need to go back you say "OK ill be there at 4:55pm."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no way that my center manager would allow a 100 piece bulk stop to be RTS'd simply because no one wanted to sign for them.

There is no way that I would even think about RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop without first running it by my mgt team.

There is no way that I would work around a 100 piece bulk stop all day and would do all that I could to get rid of it.

Do you know how much work is involved with RTSing a 100 piece bulk stop? Not to mention how much work went in to getting it all the way to the delivery point just to have you make an "executive decision" that inconvenieces everyone involved.

Just curious, what was their reaction when you came back the following day?

Tiny Panda

Ours does, we reguarly have 100+ pieces for Ralph Lauren but they are delivered to a storage unit, the guys at the storage unit wont sign for it and insist we wait till RL staff come down from the outlet village on the other side of town. Our center manager RTS'd them twice before they learnt and now have someone at the unit permanantly.

As far as i'm concerned if the receiver cant be bothered to sign or would rather do something else first then they are not interested in taking delivery of it.