Attendance Policy and Worked Off Clock

I hope you sack up and show up on time. You're the guy who's busy getting a scanner or tape gun or messing with his belongings for 15 minutes while everyone else is working the :censored2: dreck coming down the belt.

I suggest showing up ten to fifteen minutes early to get yourself settled and your work area settled. Do a safety check and materials check. A stray label or box bands on the ground or in the car will land you face first on steel. Check the elevation of cars you're going in and out of. Does it have steps? Is it sturdy? Does it slide left or right during changing conditions? Always check the top shelf and FDR/FDL for packages. If you're doing unload use a load stand. Wear slip resistant boots with ankle support and protected toe and leather uppers. They can be had for 30 dollars in the biggest sizes at Walmart.

Never touch a package a minute before start time. Stretch. Exercise. Stretch, and stretch properly and hold. Do not follow supervisors in their stretches as some employ bad stretches to kill your back. They're still in the outdated Wellness modules. So do your own and work on muscle groups, maybe bike or walk to work. I'm ten miles away and can drive but I just bike it. Eat healthy. Develop good habits. It will help you become a better person and do something positive for your life and give you a hot bod. Traditionally the payoff has been worth it.

If you think you're too good or too busy to do any of these things then just quit or ask how to become a supervisor.

CanOSup

One of them
Such toxicity on here from pathetic souls who are obviously going nowhere real quick with their lives and got to belittle strangers online behind a keyboard to feel good about themselves. Smart grownups don’t end up wasting away on the bottom of the totem poll at UPS and going online to talk :censored2: on fellow employees ;) eat adick losers, enjoy never having a million dollars lolololo

To all those who gave solid advice, thank you again for not being dumb as bricks like your coworkers. You’ll definitely get further in life helping people out, trust me. These other guys will still be making chump change in ten years wondering if they made the right life decisions lmao glad my family has money at least, don’t really have to worry about the same fate later on, just gotta survive right now and focus on myself.

My facility genuinely has issues, I had a feeling from the start and some of you have confirmed my suspicions. I haven’t been late since the talk. Been showing up early as recommended and no issues beyond the hours just not being there as promised by the Union and not being told how the times work. I’m just hoping I can keep the job until the next best thing comes along very shortly. Thanks again.

This Seasonal part timer is on track for the big bucks, you losers. He has worked at Mcdonalds also so his resume will absolutley advance him through many corporate ladders.

Grow up UPS bottom dwellers. Get a real job at Mcdonalds. Go somewhere with your life.

Returntosender

You might’ve been able to sneak into McDonald’s a few minutes late, but you’ve got a big boy job now. Show up everyday ON TIME. So you don’t have to come on here and ask stupid questions.
3CDDF6EB-E819-4759-9B4C-FD205A4E9EE3.gif

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Such toxicity on here from pathetic souls who are obviously going nowhere real quick with their lives and got to belittle strangers online behind a keyboard to feel good about themselves. Smart grownups don’t end up wasting away on the bottom of the totem poll at UPS and going online to talk :censored2: on fellow employees ;) eat adick losers, enjoy never having a million dollars lolololo

To all those who gave solid advice, thank you again for not being dumb as bricks like your coworkers. You’ll definitely get further in life helping people out, trust me. These other guys will still be making chump change in ten years wondering if they made the right life decisions lmao glad my family has money at least, don’t really have to worry about the same fate later on, just gotta survive right now and focus on myself.

My facility genuinely has issues, I had a feeling from the start and some of you have confirmed my suspicions. I haven’t been late since the talk. Been showing up early as recommended and no issues beyond the hours just not being there as promised by the Union and not being told how the times work. I’m just hoping I can keep the job until the next best thing comes along very shortly. Thanks again.

Whoa

watdaflock?

Hi guys, I recently was hired at UPS and it’s been the sketchiest job I’ve worked since McDonalds a decade ago. In fact, it’s worse.

First, I was told I’d work a minimum of 20 hours a week, but I’ve been told that I’d be lucky to hit 15 hours by my coworkers. I seem to remember reading somewhere that employees are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day, is that true? I’m only getting maybe 2 hours a day at this crud warehouse.

Also, nobody explained the attendance policy when I asked beyond “don’t call in and don’t be late.” I clocked in two minutes after my assigned shift and my manager pulled me aside yesterday to give me a verbal warning. Apparently a minute late is late and an occurrence on my attendance record for NINE MONTHS. Cool. Thanks for conveniently not explaining what defines late. So I showed up early today and apparently worked off the clock for 10 minutes without knowing it and had nobody inform me that I only get paid when my shift begins as scheduled. Awesome. Pretty sure I could sue for basic labor law violations, but ok.

Absolute worst attendance policy I’ve ever heard of. I get being 5-10+ minutes late is not cool, as most occupations would agree, but just one minute late counts? Wtf?! Is this normal? I guess I better show up early and twiddle my thumbs?! There’s only one way to my facility at it’s over a bridge that constantly gets backed up by traffic on an island. There’s no way I’m gonna keep this job if this truly is the case. I can’t avoid traffic that adds an hour to my commute time even if I start being perfect and showing up early. What should I do? Do I even have a case? I’ve read on here workers showing up HOURS late daily with no issues and keeping their jobs. No wonder this company has a bad rep.
McDonalds is still hiring.

Hope this helps.

WTFm8

I hope you sack up and show up on time. You're the guy who's busy getting a scanner or tape gun or messing with his belongings for 15 minutes while everyone else is working the pre-cum dreck coming down the belt.

I suggest showing up ten to fifteen minutes early to get yourself settled and your work area settled. Do a safety check and materials check. A stray label or box bands on the ground or in the car will land you face first on steel. Check the elevation of cars you're going in and out of. Does it have steps? Is it sturdy? Does it slide left or right during changing conditions? Always check the top shelf and FDR/FDL for packages. If you're doing unload use a load stand. Wear slip resistant boots with ankle support and protected toe and leather uppers. They can be had for 30 dollars in the biggest sizes at Walmart.

Never touch a package a minute before start time. Stretch. Exercise. Stretch, and stretch properly and hold. Do not follow supervisors in their stretches as some employ bad stretches to kill your back. They're still in the outdated Wellness modules. So do your own and work on muscle groups, maybe bike or walk to work. I'm ten miles away and can drive but I just bike it. Eat healthy. Develop good habits. It will help you become a better person and do something positive for your life and give you a hot bod. Traditionally the payoff has been worth it.

If you think you're too good or too busy to do any of these things then just quit or ask how to become a supervisor.

Setting up work area is considered labor/part of work and is to be done on company paid time, not prior to your paid time.

There have been TONS of lawsuits against companies for requiring employees to setup/log-in/inventory their area prior to paid time.

You don't do a single thing except show up to your PCM a minute or two before your scheduled start time, then listen to that and then grab scanner/go to area/organize, etc. anything else is giving the company free labor and a violation of labor laws setting company up for a potential lawsuit.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hi guys, I recently was hired at UPS and it’s been the sketchiest job I’ve worked since McDonalds a decade ago. In fact, it’s worse.

First, I was told I’d work a minimum of 20 hours a week, but I’ve been told that I’d be lucky to hit 15 hours by my coworkers. I seem to remember reading somewhere that employees are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day, is that true? I’m only getting maybe 2 hours a day at this crud warehouse.

Also, nobody explained the attendance policy when I asked beyond “don’t call in and don’t be late.” I clocked in two minutes after my assigned shift and my manager pulled me aside yesterday to give me a verbal warning. Apparently a minute late is late and an occurrence on my attendance record for NINE MONTHS. Cool. Thanks for conveniently not explaining what defines late. So I showed up early today and apparently worked off the clock for 10 minutes without knowing it and had nobody inform me that I only get paid when my shift begins as scheduled. Awesome. Pretty sure I could sue for basic labor law violations, but ok.

Absolute worst attendance policy I’ve ever heard of. I get being 5-10+ minutes late is not cool, as most occupations would agree, but just one minute late counts? Wtf?! Is this normal? I guess I better show up early and twiddle my thumbs?! There’s only one way to my facility at it’s over a bridge that constantly gets backed up by traffic on an island. There’s no way I’m gonna keep this job if this truly is the case. I can’t avoid traffic that adds an hour to my commute time even if I start being perfect and showing up early. What should I do? Do I even have a case? I’ve read on here workers showing up HOURS late daily with no issues and keeping their jobs. No wonder this company has a bad rep.
you are a star

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

How old are you, you need to be on time at any job

km3

PCM a minute or two before your scheduled start time

I wouldn't even do that. Show up to the PCM at exactly the start time. Don't listen to their drivel off the clock. If they have everybody gathered, they will try to start talking before anybody's getting paid if no one calls them out on it.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
You ought to be drawn and quartered for your dereliction of duty son! Go listen to Ernie Fords 16 tons, "Load 16 tons and whatya get, another day older and deeper in debt" and "I owe my soul to the company store!" UPS is similar...

IESucks

Such toxicity on here from pathetic souls who are obviously going nowhere real quick with their lives and got to belittle strangers online behind a keyboard to feel good about themselves. Smart grownups don’t end up wasting away on the bottom of the totem poll at UPS and going online to talk :censored2: on fellow employees ;) enjoy never having a million dollars lolololo

Yawn

Ghost in the Darkness

We had a sup a few years ago that tried to take attendance at the pcm. I rarely show up much before start time and most days its right on the minute of start time. She tried to give me a verbal warning for not saying "here" when she called my name. I laughed in her face and told her she can review my attendance record to find no lates and to also review the contract as its says nothing about her added school teacher-wannabe tactics. The other sup split the drivers up for pcm just to get away from her. I was caught more than a few times at the other groups pcm...lol.

The Range

In too deep
I hope you sack up and show up on time. You're the guy who's busy getting a scanner or tape gun or messing with his belongings for 15 minutes while everyone else is working the :censored2: dreck coming down the belt.

Not a chance. Anything related to job prep on company property is done while I'm being paid. Everything you mentioned is done while on the clock. That's not an opinion. On a personal, opinionated note.. you should value your time more. Over a 30 year career, your 15 minutes of daily free "prep" is north of $50,000 in value.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly I am just hoping for coworkers that don't stack a fort knox of cardboard outside and inside the vehicle because they don't have a spine to insist on their safety, accuracy and efficiency-of-movement.