Recent update on the powerpad...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But dunno what those changes are...

I know they got rid of the odometer reading at your first stop, but dunno what else.

_20170617_215435.JPG

What is that "PS" about next to the sequence# ?!?

My state switched to isp this month...

OrioN

Hmm, from what I recalled, they were ASR wine cases with stars and stripes on 'em...

the process still the same to ask if the customer is over 21 so meh, another useless update

They should've been the following:

AS = Adult Signature

DS = Direct Signature

¡S = ¡ndirect Signature

For those FXG tech peeps reading this,

giphy.gif

Last edited:

OrioN

All of my stops in my package car are premium service when it's on my route...

#purple promise sarcasm

But, the suggestion I made would be better so when I'm scrolling through the manifests, I can see which stops are gonna take more time than the "drop n run" quick driver release ones

OrioN

Yea, if u have the tech, let's use it to it's maximum potential, yo!

Paper manifests waste more time than whipping out the powerpad from the holster and checking the next 5 stops

I still take the paperwork and put it on a clipboard in case the powerpad dies or freeze up on me

bbsam

Staff member
Big boys waste time going through their trucks for an hour to get the same info that can easily be given to them?
My experience is that you can look at the manifest but those packages may or may not be on the truck and may or may not be in designated load position. That being the case, the given information is next to useless.

whenIgetthere

...Or with the Express powerpads, the address listed on the screen may not match the package address. Gotta love aliases in ROADS.

Have a coworker who will only deliver to the address listed on the powerpad, even on those many occasions when the correct address is on the package, but the ACO changed it to another.

McFeely

Huge Member
Gonna be looking a loooooong time for 1000 Main St. on my route if someone just went by the manifest. Dumbtards abound!

It will be fine

My experience is that you can look at the manifest but those packages may or may not be on the truck and may or may not be in designated load position. That being the case, the given information is next to useless.
I work off them and train my drivers to as well. If a box isn't scanned they can go back to deliver it if possible, if not, there's always tomorrow. Fixing all the preload issues isn't my problem, there's no benefit to giving Fedex free labor of reloading trucks.

bbsam

Staff member
I work off them and train my drivers to as well. If a box isn't scanned they can go back to deliver it if possible, if not, there's always tomorrow. Fixing all the preload issues isn't my problem, there's no benefit to giving Fedex free labor of reloading trucks.
I agree. But the bar is set too low for them. As long as it's "loaded on the right truck", any service failure is a "27" and reflects on me. Complete BS.

It will be fine

I agree. But the bar is set too low for them. As long as it's "loaded on the right truck", any service failure is a "27" and reflects on me. Complete BS.
I've written off the service portion of the incentives. I don't include it in my budget or for negotiations. It's meaningless when a business being closed counts the same as a DNA. So I doesn't bother me if my guys miss a couple do to preload scanning.

bbsam

Staff member
I've written off the service portion of the incentives. I don't include it in my budget or for negotiations. It's meaningless when a business being closed counts the same as a DNA. So I doesn't bother me if my guys miss a couple do to preload scanning.
That does make sense.

OrioN

HD is slightly different since drivers preload their own cargo...

Since I'm bricked out most of the week, I make sure to load it accordingly based on my business stops first, the resis can wait. That's where having a map overview printout before I walk into my pallet of boxes is beneficial.

Most of the week I don't goto stop 10, I get to the stops closest to my terminal first. Which was 830 as seen on that pic.

I try to catch the broken glass or leaking boxes as well as the missorts too during the preload.

So if I do find one on road, a DEX 012 (sorted to wrong route) is the same as a 027? What a crock of poo

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
...Or with the Express powerpads, the address listed on the screen may not match the package address. Gotta love aliases in ROADS.

An alias won't change how the address is displayed, it only places it on the alias's route.

For example, if the address is 123 Oak St and Oak St isn't in the system, you alias it to 1000 Main St in that same part of town. It would still show up as 123 Oak St on the Powerpad. The problem arises when ROADtards enter 1000 Main St as the correction instead of an alias - it will show up on the Powerpad as 1000 Main St. It happens frequently because what little support there is for ROADS is unclear and confusing. One employee responded by making 4 KILLER video tutorials on how to properly use the ACO in ROADS.

And of course, it's almost impossible to find on the intranet.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
An alias won't change how the address is displayed, it only places it on the alias's route.

For example, if the address is 123 Oak St and Oak St isn't in the system, you alias it to 1000 Main St in that same part of town. It would still show up as 123 Oak St on the Powerpad. The problem arises when ROADtards enter 1000 Main St as the correction instead of an alias - it will show up on the Powerpad as 1000 Main St. It happens frequently because what little support there is for ROADS is unclear and confusing. One employee responded by making 4 KILLER video tutorials on how to properly use the ACO in ROADS.

And of course, it's almost impossible to find on the intranet.
Seems to be the Modus Operandi at Express.

SmithBarney

That's the fault of your address correction person in the morning, I'd much rather have a ZERO or a blank line in my manifest then driving up to the wrong damn house. Take note of these addresses, then go to your roads person and tell them to stop aliasing it, or do it correctly