Recieve a phone call from shuttle driver?

dogs.bite.me

I did call him out and asked him why he was sending me a picture of a package and telling me to DR it to front door. Will talk to the union steward but he seems to content on keeping the peace unless something serious that is why I would like to know which article this would fall under for a grievance.

Folks, we are GPS'd!!!! You have no defense if the package turns up missing!

THIS

When I get text or things like this, I refuse. I tell my boss I will not sheet any pkg that I didn't deliver. Who's to say in a week or two, when we've forgotten about this, a DFU comes in and shows that I delivered this pkg completely across town...

Yea not gonna happen. If shuttle guy is going to deliver it, HE needs to grieve to be paid as GROUND DRIVER. You need to express to your boss your uncomfortableness with being "dishonest". STRESS DISHONEST!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Is he an air driver or an article 22.3 driver?
He is a newbie full time driver that sent me the picture of the package, I asked him where he got my number and he claims to have a sheet of all the drivers phone numbers. I then called my supervisor to chew him out about the situation and giving my number without asking.

He is a newbie full time driver that sent me the picture of the package, I asked him where he got my number and he claims to have a sheet of all the drivers phone numbers. I then called my supervisor to chew him out about the situation and giving my number without asking.
That's completel BS. I don't ebev answer the phone if I don't know the number.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not quite that hard core with it, unless they step over one of many lines I drawn in the sand.

It is a privilege when I allow them to use my phone to facilitate their business directives.

So when they act right, I am cordial.
When they aren't, I'm a dick....in more ways than just answering my phone.
I get where you are coming from but management lost that privilege when they continually violate the 9.5 language and 8 hour requests. Why in the world would I want to go above and beyond anything I’m contractually obligated to do for people who can’t even hold their end of the bargain.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
So Im one of the guys who does most shuttle at our center as im in top of the seniority as a cover driver.
few days ago one of the guy who was doing shuttle with me (yes we usually have 3 guys doing shuttle) brought back some pieces and lets say that by mistake he put them on the belt so they got processed again without having a service scan.
This same driver was walked out by LP yesterday and had a meeting today were he was suspended.
Yes he did wrong by just dropping those pcs but UPS coulnt careless that this same guy was using his personal phone to call drivers.
So as of today the Union and UPS came to a middle point where shuttle drivers will need ot have Diads and are not allow to use their phones to contact drivers.
As a pain in the A i am, i cant wait untill tomorrow to do shuttle and see how nice is gonna play when i send a message requestion someone location and waiting 5 minutes for an answer then getting to such loc just to find that the driver already move.

And on cellphone, I know someone told me "When management call you, is never for something good"
ODS the office and wait repeat at 10 minute intervals...

davidix

Sometimes I wonder what center some of the people here work in because this is common sruff.. You telling me you've never got a call from a shuttle driver before? What the hell lol.

BigBrown87

Sometimes I wonder what center some of the people here work in because this is common sruff.. You telling me you've never got a call from a shuttle driver before? What the hell lol.
No I have gotten calls from shuttle drivers, but I was also informed about this with a diad message explaining shuttle driver is going to call or meet me at a location.

BigBrown87

The issue is having package info being sent through a picture and asking me to put it in my board without me delivering. So what do you think I should do grieve it or not?

vvv

work as directed I'm asking should I grieve this or not, do you have an answer or not.

Work as directed? What are you a damn puppet??

When you checked with the person calling you and he asked you to put the package in your board you say no, hang up, and drop it right there. Why in the world would you call your supervisor about it? Let the guy who delivered it and the supervisor worry about it.

You NEVER recored a package in your board you didn't personally drop off.

vvv

The :censored2:

You aren’t doing the “driver” a solid, you’re conspiring with management to falsify documents.

Brother, sometimes I don't know if I should believe the amount of stupidity I read on here. Unfortunately these guys are going about their days work in this manner and why they try to screw us. Too many soft pushovers driving out there.

opie

We used to have shuttle drivers. Then a month ago they said corporate put a stop to it. So now you have to deliver your missloads, even if its way out of the way. Or make meet points with drivers. All of which cause them to go over miles and even come back later. I think they may just have a supervisor just bring back the out of centers, or sometimes use an undercover shuttle guy.

Siveriano

same with the call tags.
my pm dispatcher loves telling drivers to do something as long as she is not responsible for it.
once she asked me to rescan a barcode for a trailer drop off and when i ask her whi was going to sign for it she told me to put the regular guy name and just make a line on the signature screen. i told her i wont do and if she wanted she could singgn and put her name which she refused to do so i just punch out.
same goes for call tags. if i dont have the actual call tag i dont sheet it until i get back to the center and they have reprinted it then on the notes i put something like "mgnt didn print" or "no in my mail" or the good old "WAD and who ever repribted name"

Working as directed is something management loves to use on drivers as if we were their slaves.
Dont put your job on the line for this ask for a message on a diad woth intructions and the name of the person instructing you to do so. if you have any question call your shop steward.