Recording or taking video in the workplace

browned out

Epic, Ginormous, Game Changing Win for UPS employees. It took Federal OSHA and over 3 years to clear my name. If I would have been allowed to use a recording device... my center manager, division manager and others dishonesty would have been proven at my ĺocal hearing. I would not have been suspended or discharged. 3 years of stress would not have occured. Wow, those in mgmt who retaliate and lack integrity will now be held accountable. Wishful thinking.. They probably won't be held accountable but at least UPS employees will have proof when mgmt is dishonest.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do know that I don't think it's right to have employees taking videos of guys stomping on boxes then posting it to the web..makes the company look bad to the public more than the public already thinks we are.. But the verbal recording or mgt videos or recording I could care less about either way from mgt or against them

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Epic, Ginormous, Game Changing Win for UPS employees. It took Federal OSHA and over 3 years to clear my name. If I would have been allowed to use a recording device... my center manager, division manager and others dishonesty would have been proven at my ĺocal hearing. I would not have been suspended or discharged. 3 years of stress would not have occured. Wow, those in mgmt who retaliate and lack integrity will now be held accountable. Wishful thinking.. They probably won't be held accountable but at least UPS employees will have proof when mgmt is dishonest.
Did you have to lawyer up??? Good for you!!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I dont know about the viedo tapping part. However I think you should be able to record disipline meetings. Just because management likes to change their minds. Also the fact other managers lie for other managers.

iDontWorkAtUps

Huffington Post isnt that credible. Pull out your phones and record your center manager next time he/she comes to talk to you and tell us how it goes

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Who wants to be the first to test this "landmark" decision at UPS?

Whole Foods was worried about someone "accidentally" video taping their proprietary

recipe for pasta salad, while documenting work issues. :biggrin:

Before anyone thinks this is green light (at UPS).... exercise caution.

Talk with your Local Union BA.

I dont know about the viedo tapping part. However I think you should be able to record disipline meetings. Just because management likes to change their minds. Also the fact other managers lie for other managers.

I can't disagree with that. But, there are other alternatives.

In the movie Saving Private Ryan, there is a scene with a "journalist" military person

asking if he should/could bring his typewriter. Tom Hanks (character) made a suggestion.

15d0yl5.jpg

Stewards should be documenting every Union Member contact.

In writing.... every time. Punching it on a time clock is even better.

A stewards documentation, is as good as a notarized statement.

-Bug-