REFORM PLAN FOR Central States Pension Plan

reydluap

AHHH MUG, I GET IT!

Thank you.

I STAND CORRECTED. In my Center, everyone thinks (thought) the same thing that I stated. I will share your explanation with them.

Once again, THANK YOU brother Teamster.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Kline-Miller Pension Reform Act of 2014 is what allows the CSPF to cut benefits to existing retirees. That was NOT allowed under the 2006 Act.
I think they were replying to the ability to buy UPS out of the CSPF which had to be done prior to Jan 1, 2008 which is when the Pension Protection Act of 2006 took effect.

Sportello

Banned
I think they were replying to the ability to buy UPS out of the CSPF which had to be done prior to Jan 1, 2008 which is when the Pension Protection Act of 2006 took effect.
That is correct. I was just clarifying the current situation of severely reduced pensions for Central State retirees, which was made possible by Kline-Miller.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That is correct. I was just clarifying the current situation of severely reduced pensions for Central State retirees, which was made possible by Kline-Miller.

The good of the many outweigh the good of the few.

Congress is sacrificing those in the CSPF to keep the PBGC from going bankrupt.

Right or wrong, it is what it is, unless it is changed.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Same with Social Security. We could do some,slight adjustments now to save it later but nobody wants to sacrifice.

Sportello

Banned

Benefits wouldn't be that much different under the PBGC. Airlines and steel took all the money from the PBGC, not Teamsters.

It's enough to make you support Bernie Sanders.

WhatsUP

If Government retirees took a %10 cut in Pensions they could bail out the PBGC easily. The government is broke but they continue to pay themselves large pensions for life.

PT Car Washer

If Government retirees took a %10 cut in Pensions they could bail out the PBGC easily. The government is broke but they continue to pay themselves large pensions for life.
If CSPF employees had taken a 10% cut 20 years ago instead of a "vote for me and I will raise your pension" CSPF retirees would not be where they are today.