REFORM PLAN FOR Central States Pension Plan

oldupsman

If CSPF employees had taken a 10% cut 20 years ago instead of a "vote for me and I will raise your pension" CSPF retirees would not be where they are today.

That's true with the different funds throughout the country. This should be a wakeup call for all of them.
Giving out $5000 a month pensions is just stupid. Pensions were never meant to be your only means
of retirement. They were just suppose to be a help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's true with the different funds throughout the country. This should be a wakeup call for all of them.
Giving out $5000 a month pensions is just stupid. Pensions were never meant to be your only means
of retirement. They were just suppose to be a help.
I think the pension was meant to be the primary source of income supplemented by savings (401k and other) until Soc Sec kicks in.

Sportello

Banned
I couldn't even get the video conference to load on my computer, can anyone share any pertinent info, if there was any?

Last edited:
Don't wait for action to ease the pain of the CSPF cuts or for clarification to ambiguous language regarding UPS supplementing the CSPF cuts. Start now and continue to contact & write congress people and senators. While you're at it, write the Treasury Dept., as the fate of this plan rests with that institution. Always vote, in every instance, for people that look out for your best interests ... prioritizing what ever they may be!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well, there is obviously different levels of Brotherhood and some Brodahs and Sistahs are more equal than others.

We work here to make money to support us and our families. While working here, we also support all our brothers and sisters.

Just because we may not be willing to give half our pensions to someone else does not mean we don't support or brothers and sisters.

We already have Obama taking half our money and giving it to someone else. Well, not half, but you get the point.

If my tier 1 brothers and sisters, and all the other CSPF retirees want to march on Washington, DC, I'll be right there marching with them side by side supporting them.

I have already written my Congressmen concerning these cuts, even though I don't foresee my pension being affected. UPS will make up the difference for me, but not for everyone.

Supporting your brothers and sisters does not necessarily mean monetarily.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a .gov address. Do you really think the government is going to spam you?

I did sign it but I'm also expecting lots of BS newsletters and polls from .gov accts. I don't need to hear from my congress people a dozen times a day on every little thing they are debating..