Regal Cinema's new "security policy"

oldngray

nowhere special
But that's not what sober implied nor does the article come close to suggesting there is anything clearly backing the non-LEO citizen using deadly force and killing the wrong person...possibly even the right person.

Samaritan laws vary between states and if that article had gone into those details it would have been much better at clarifying. Instead it was more of a slanted piece against concealed carry.

Rainman

Its all good.
Guns in a home with children is a terrible idea. Good advice.
I grew up with guns in the house. If you teach a child properly, and store the guns properly, then there is little danger.
I knew it would be my :censored2: if I we've touched a gun without permission. It's the idiots who leave guns in a nightstand drawer where any preschooler can reach it who cause the majority of issues you hear about.
It all falls back on whether the parent is responsible in their ownership.

bbsam

Staff member
Samaritan laws vary between states and if that article had gone into those details it would have been much better at clarifying. Instead it was more of a slanted piece against concealed carry.
"Thetruthaboutguns" is some liberal hack job publication?

bbsam

Staff member
Did I say that? My comment was about the tone and wording of that specific article you quoted.
Well I challenge you to find something you believe suggests a more comprehensive protection given by such laws with respect to firearm usage.

bbsam

Staff member
more comprehensive than what?
Than the article's suggestion that "it depends". All this came about because sober said I should Google "Good Samaritan laws". He seemed to suggest a kind.of blanket protection for firearm usage where the intentions were just. It's obvious to me that such laws rarely if ever protect the use of such weaponry by the general public. If you can find where these laws are protective of the gun owner, I would be interested in seeing it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Than the article's suggestion that "it depends". All this came about because sober said I should Google "Good Samaritan laws". He seemed to suggest a kind.of blanket protection for firearm usage where the intentions were just. It's obvious to me that such laws rarely if ever protect the use of such weaponry by the general public. If you can find where these laws are protective of the gun owner, I would be interested in seeing it.

Some states (only a few I think) have Provocative Act Doctrine where the criminal is responsible for everything even if someone else shoots an innocent bystander trying to stop the criminal.

A recent example of this occurred on March 3, 2013 in Hayward, California when a drunk driver sped away from a police officer who was trying to stop him. The drunk driver then proceeded to ram his car into the side of the officer's police cruiser. The officer opened fire against him to stop him from doing so and inadvertently killed the driver's friend, a passenger who was sitting in the front seat. Under the provocative act doctrine, the drunk driver was charged with murder in the killing of his friend.
http://www.findacriminaldefenseatto...cles/California-Provocative-Act-Doctrine.aspx

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We just got back from the local AMC, it was business as usual no security measures or facile imitations thereof so we're lucky we weren't murdered in our seats.

bbsam

Staff member
Some states (only a few I think) have Provocative Act Doctrine where the criminal is responsible for everything even if someone else shoots an innocent bystander trying to stop the criminal.

A recent example of this occurred on March 3, 2013 in Hayward, California when a drunk driver sped away from a police officer who was trying to stop him. The drunk driver then proceeded to ram his car into the side of the officer's police cruiser. The officer opened fire against him to stop him from doing so and inadvertently killed the driver's friend, a passenger who was sitting in the front seat. Under the provocative act doctrine, the drunk driver was charged with murder in the killing of his friend.
http://www.findacriminaldefenseatto...cles/California-Provocative-Act-Doctrine.aspx
Again, LEO with deadly force guidelines. Not civilian-hero-wannabe. I assume you must see the difference.

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly. As I said before - it depends. You asked for an example and I gave you one.
Can you find one where that law is employed covering a non-LEO? I'm curious because your example is leading me to believe more and more that there are not many cases with armed civilians killing an innocent and walking away with no repercussions. Even a LEO may not be that lucky depending on the length and expense of court proceedings.

oldngray

nowhere special
Can you find one where that law is employed covering a non-LEO? I'm curious because your example is leading me to believe more and more that there are not many cases with armed civilians killing an innocent and walking away with no repercussions. Even a LEO may not be that lucky depending on the length and expense of court proceedings.

Can you google what you are looking for since you aren't satisfied when I do it for you?