Regal Cinema's new "security policy"

bbsam

Staff member
Can you google what you are looking for since you aren't satisfied when I do it for you?
I could...but when I Googled and got the article from that liberal anti gun rag "thetruthaboutguns", you objected. I thought this was just how this dance was going to go.

oldngray

nowhere special
I could...but when I Googled and got the article from that liberal anti gun rag "thetruthaboutguns", you objected. I thought this was just how this dance was going to go.

You are the one who said liberal anti gun rag. I never made a comment about the site, just the specific article. Which you fail to respond to without attempting to change the subject.

bbsam

Staff member
You are the one who said liberal anti gun rag. I never made a comment about the site, just the specific article. Which you fail to respond to without attempting to change the subject.
I thought the article was just fine in warning gun owners that there can be very serious repercussions to the use of firearms in attempting to protect others in public, something sober seemed unaware of.

That had you calling it an "anti gun" piece. Not at all. Just because it's not asserting pro-gun but false ideas about rights and duties does not make it anti gun. It actually makes it responsible.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought the article was just fine in warning gun owners that there can be very serious repercussions to the use of firearms in attempting to protect others in public, something sober seemed unaware of.

That had you calling it an "anti gun" piece. Not at all. Just because it's not asserting pro-gun but false ideas about rights and duties does not make it anti gun. It actually makes it responsible.

Read the article again. Note its phrasing and one sided point of view. And what would you call false ideas about rights?

bbsam

Staff member
Samaritan laws vary between states and if that article had gone into those details it would have been much better at clarifying. Instead it was more of a slanted piece against concealed carry.
Correction. Not an anti gun piece. You claimed anti conceal carry. Again, however, not anti conceal carry but probably information every person carrying a concealed weapon should know about.

oldngray

nowhere special
Correction. Not an anti gun piece. You claimed anti conceal carry. Again, however, not anti conceal carry but probably information every person carrying a concealed weapon should know about.

It was good as a cautionary tale but one sided. I definitely agree someone should be very reluctant to shoot in those situations but that doesn't mean it should never happen.

bbsam

Staff member
Read the article again. Note its phrasing and one sided point of view. And what would you call false ideas about rights?
The idea that sober floated about Good Samaritan laws covering the conceal carry individual who unwittingly kills a bystander. I would classify that as a false idea of rights.

oldngray

nowhere special
The idea that sober floated about Good Samaritan laws covering the conceal carry individual who unwittingly kills a bystander. I would classify that as a false idea of rights.

And as I said it depends upon the law is in your location whether you are protected or not. I don't know what the law is in his area. You seemed to claim there was no protection anywhere but I did provide an example otherwise.

bbsam

Staff member
And as I said it depends upon the law is in your location whether you are protected or not. I don't know what the law is in his area. You seemed to claim there was no protection anywhere but I did provide an example otherwise.
Not sure that law really covers civilians like you say it does. Googling hasn't brought anything yet.

oldngray

nowhere special

My initial response to you keeps getting lost. I never said liberal anti gun site.

I was refuting your claim as to Good Clarification.

"That link did little to clarify anything. Other that say it depends. Also it referred to an unsure situation and not a known one."

Your article was mostly an opinion piece that cited no relevant gun laws nor did it address situations we later discussed.

So I stand by my initial statement which refuted your claim of Good Clarification.

brett636

Typical reactionary crap policy meant to address a scenario 99.9% of us will, thankfully, never experience. You have a much better chance of running into a thug like Michael Brown who will attempt to kill you for the contents of your pockets before you will encounter a James Holmes movie theater shooting situation.

I would also like to add that the Regal Cinemas around here are crap. The last movie I watched at one was Mad Max: Fury Road, and the subwoofer was obviously on its last leg as every sound it made was terribly distorted. There are plenty of more quality theaters to go to, and this policy will ensure I won't see the inside of another Regal Cinema for a long time.

Anthonysg0113

Typical reactionary crap policy meant to address a scenario 99.9% of us will, thankfully, never experience. You have a much better chance of running into a thug like Michael Brown who will attempt to kill you for the contents of your pockets before you will encounter a James Holmes movie theater shooting situation.

I would also like to add that the Regal Cinemas around here are crap. The last movie I watched at one was Mad Max: Fury Road, and the subwoofer was obviously on its last leg as every sound it made was terribly distorted. There are plenty of more quality theaters to go to, and this policy will ensure I won't see the inside of another Regal Cinema for a long time.
I like your avatar, last real president.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

And the normal american public thanks you for staying away with your "courage" tucked between your legs.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why are gun owners not normal? Please explain.

When you convince yourself that you have to live life with a weapon in your pants just to feel "secure", then you are not normal.

If you cant go to the store and buy a gallon of milk without being "armed", then you are not normal.

A person places themselves in normal situations, like living in a nice neighborhood where you dont have to live like its the wild wild west.

If a person chooses to live in fear, and accepts a "fearbased" lifestyle, then that too is abnormal.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When you convince yourself that you have to live life with a weapon in your pants just to feel "secure", then you are not normal.

If you cant go to the store and buy a gallon of milk without being "armed", then you are not normal.

A person places themselves in normal situations, like living in a nice neighborhood where you dont have to live like its the wild wild west.

If a person chooses to live in fear, and accepts a "fearbased" lifestyle, then that too is abnormal.

TOS.
My state has become abnormal .
It's full of liberal democrats .
And that is why I CCW .