Renaming Stadium And Team

floridays

Oh we went through this before, with the National Mediation Board's reasoning, standards, and so forth and US Court of Appeals decisions - didn't matter. The usual gang of idiots didn't want any of that. Sooooo, they want to debate the issue but they don't want any clear concise reasoning that comes from the actual arbiters of such disagreements, they prefer their own lamebrained reasoning.
Cite an Appeal Court decision, citation is all that's needed. I don't recall any case going to a trial court much less something going to any Court of Appeals in any district. I don't want to call you a liar, I misremember my name at times, you can define yourself on this post singularly.

bacha29

That's all nice, but the question is whether Express is an airline/whether it can function without use of an airline. I'm going by what the law is and you're going by what you think the law should be.
Hey Dano. what's gotten into you. Don't you remember this line from Fat Freddy's handbook? You know the one they give to all people when they first arrive at the academy............

" Operate SEPARATELY .......Complete collectively" .

Don't be surprised if somebody takes Fat Freddy's words..........and makes him eat 'em . And I pity the fool who came up with that ridiculous
one liner and gave it to him. Right now he's probably packing his suitcase, divorcing his old lady and asking for political asylum in North Korea.

Chances are the final outcome will be one whereby what begins with Express ends with Express and what begins with Ground ends with Ground.

vantexan

FedEx invested $200 million in FedEx Field when they knew what the team name was. Now they're virtue signaling. Should call them the Maroons.

bacha29

FedEx invested $200 million in FedEx Field when they knew what the team name was. Now they're virtue signaling. Should call them the Maroons.
And now we're being told that Memphis Fats has been trying to sell his stake in the Redskins for years........LMFAO.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The larger question is what other airline needs trucking, pick-up and delivery to maintain it's function as an airline. Fedex sits on an island by itself as an airline, no other airline to my knowledge enjoys the special carve-out.

Walk me through this Dano, @I am FedEx you can sit back and listen.

FedEx doesn't have a special carve-out.

59 Dano

Fedex was placed under an antiquated law, (if only for the reality of Fred's genius concept) it (RLA)didn't anticipate.
I applaud him for that brilliance. I do think Fedex Express is misclassified by reasoning and truthful analysis.
Legislators should be smart enough to distinguish the difference between airlines and trucking and when one transitions from one to the other for labor representation and the hurdles that need to be cleared to affirm such representation under the RLA.

That is my problem.

I have no doubt that if the classification and hurdles were changed, Fedex employees would still refuse union representation. The pilots seem to be the only ones with the required grey matter to figure out a contract is beneficial when dealing with Fedex

And here we are -AGAIN- with someone arguing that Express doesn't belong under the RLA despite the fact that the legislation, as interpreted by the courts and applied by the NMB, says otherwise.

It's like arguing about who won the Super Bowl - there's nothing to debate.

59 Dano

Not true on my part, I can only speak for myself however.

Fedex is a transportation company that uses aircraft, not solely, to move parcels.
Airlines deliver cargo, generally people from point A to point B, these points are called airports. Their function as an airline is completed at that point.

I'll do this in segments, correct this segment.

I'll do this in segments. The law says you're wrong.

Correct that segment.

59 Dano

I don't remember having this conversation with you, you've shown yourself capable of digging up previous conversations, do it now please.

I didn't say the conversation was with you, but we (the participants on this board) have had it a million times.

59 Dano

Cite an Appeal Court decision, citation is all that's needed. I don't recall any case going to a trial court much less something going to any Court of Appeals in any district. I don't want to call you a liar, I misremember my name at times, you can define yourself on this post singularly.

Oh, the US Court of Appeals has ruled on the RLA.