Renaming Stadium And Team

bacha29

You really don't understand why Express falls under the RLA, despite it being discussed here, do you?

The main test as to whether Express is covered under the RLA is whether it's an airline. It is.
The secondary test is how much Express relies on an airline to operate. Completely.
Stepping outside the normal network flow of express shipments and passing them off to a strictly ground carrier chartered, structured and authorized as a ground ONLY carrier and in doing so passing off control of those express shipments to that strictly ground carrier for the sole purpose of improving margins and nothing else could and likely will raise questions and with good reason regarding Memphis Fats respect for the sanctity of that exemption and the rule of law that granted it to him.
If the House Transportation Subcommittee gets wind of how he's moving RLA exempt freight through a Taft Hartley ground carrier regardless of who owns it for no other reason that the fact that it makes him more money doing it this way and what he's now doing with that exemption could very easily call into question whether he is stilled entitled to that exemption.

floridays

You really don't understand why Express falls under the RLA, despite it being discussed here, do you?

The main test as to whether Express is covered under the RLA is whether it's an airline. It is.
The secondary test is how much Express relies on an airline to operate. Completely.
I understand the precise/express reason the RLA was enacted. Do you?
It was not enacted to deny or make it impossible for employees of any company to affiliate with a union, as most were affiliated at the time of enactment. The RLA was enacted to settle labor disputes, nationally, by passing local union agreements so as not to harm the national economy.
Am I correct?
The only test is how much lobbying money is paid to legislators to exclude Fedex employees from voting for representation by a union.

I won't argue the point anymore, unless I choose to.

The fact is, during this "pandemic" Fedex employees could have and still have the opportunity to make Fedex take a knee and recognize a union the employees agree on. Teamsters would be it, as flacid as that union is today. The kids at Fedex are not intelligent enough to walk or vote for their best interest.
You have picked and chosen in the past to answer some of my questions and respond to assertions I have made. I'm not under the supervision of the moderators currently, I'll give you heat if you respond, when I choose to.

I asked you long ago, exactly why was the RLA enacted, I ask again, we can move from there if you're up to it.

Before you call me an idiot or one of the other degrading things you have in the past, I stipulate all, you are correct.
Bring your A game.

AB831

I asked you long ago, exactly why was the RLA enacted, I ask again, we can move from there if you're up to it.

Before you call me an idiot or one of the other degrading things you have in the past, I stipulate all, you are correct.
Bring your A game.
When he realizes that the person debating him knows more than him about the topic in question, he cowers from answering questions and responds with condescending ad hominem in its place. Get ready.

I am FedEx

The RLA is pretty simple... Express is considered an airline. Even passing the E2s over to Ground happens at the ramp. So the packages are still moved via aircraft. RLA is good for FedEx why would anyone not want us to have it.

It will be fine

The RLA is pretty simple... Express is considered an airline. Even passing the E2s over to Ground happens at the ramp. So the packages are still moved via aircraft. RLA is good for FedEx why would anyone not want us to have it.
Some people wrongly believe the RLA is the only thing stopping a union at Express.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Stepping outside the normal network flow of express shipments and passing them off to a strictly ground carrier chartered, structured and authorized as a ground ONLY carrier and in doing so passing off control of those express shipments to that strictly ground carrier for the sole purpose of improving margins and nothing else could and likely will raise questions and with good reason regarding Memphis Fats respect for the sanctity of that exemption and the rule of law that granted it to him.

That's all nice, but the question is whether Express is an airline/whether it can function without use of an airline. I'm going by what the law is and you're going by what you think the law should be.

59 Dano

I understand the precise/express reason the RLA was enacted. Do you?
It was not enacted to deny or make it impossible for employees of any company to affiliate with a union, as most were affiliated at the time of enactment. The RLA was enacted to settle labor disputes, nationally, by passing local union agreements so as not to harm the national economy.
Am I correct?
The only test is how much lobbying money is paid to legislators to exclude Fedex employees from voting for representation by a union.

I won't argue the point anymore, unless I choose to.

The fact is, during this "pandemic" Fedex employees could have and still have the opportunity to make Fedex take a knee and recognize a union the employees agree on. Teamsters would be it, as flacid as that union is today. The kids at Fedex are not intelligent enough to walk or vote for their best interest.
You have picked and chosen in the past to answer some of my questions and respond to assertions I have made. I'm not under the supervision of the moderators currently, I'll give you heat if you respond, when I choose to.

Bring your A game.

You off your meds?

59 Dano

When he realizes that the person debating him knows more than him about the topic in question, he cowers from answering questions and responds with condescending ad hominem in its place. Get ready.

Oh we went through this before, with the National Mediation Board's reasoning, standards, and so forth and US Court of Appeals decisions - didn't matter. The usual gang of idiots didn't want any of that. Sooooo, they want to debate the issue but they don't want any clear concise reasoning that comes from the actual arbiters of such disagreements, they prefer their own lamebrained reasoning.

floridays

That's all nice, but the question is whether Express is an airline/whether it can function without use of an airline
The larger question is what other airline needs trucking, pick-up and delivery to maintain it's function as an airline. Fedex sits on an island by itself as an airline, no other airline to my knowledge enjoys the special carve-out.

Walk me through this Dano, @I am FedEx you can sit back and listen.

floridays

Fedex was placed under an antiquated law, (if only for the reality of Fred's genius concept) it (RLA)didn't anticipate.
I applaud him for that brilliance. I do think Fedex Express is misclassified by reasoning and truthful analysis.
Legislators should be smart enough to distinguish the difference between airlines and trucking and when one transitions from one to the other for labor representation and the hurdles that need to be cleared to affirm such representation under the RLA.

That is my problem.

I have no doubt that if the classification and hurdles were changed, Fedex employees would still refuse union representation. The pilots seem to be the only ones with the required grey matter to figure out a contract is beneficial when dealing with Fedex

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Fedex was placed under an antiquated law, (if only for the reality of Fred's genius concept) it (RLA)didn't anticipate.
I applaud him for that brilliance. I do think Fedex Express is misclassified by reasoning and truthful analysis.
Legislators should be smart enough to distinguish the difference between airlines and trucking and when one transitions from one to the other for labor representation and the hurdles that need to be cleared to affirm such representation under the RLA.

That is my problem.

I have no doubt that if the classification and hurdles were changed, Fedex employees would still refuse union representation. The pilots seem to be the only ones with the required grey to figure out a contract is beneficial when dealing with Fedex
When times were good your assertion was a slam-dunk. Now that there is more information available online, the penny-wise pound-foolish couriers (those who wouldn't want to pay union dues) would probably be outvoted. And the pilots (Flying Tigers) were already union before they were bought by Express.

Otherwise, I fully agree with your position. 👍

floridays

Deep down, they all know this. They just fight me on it because some people just haaaaave to believe they've been wronged when they haven't.
Not true on my part, I can only speak for myself however.

Fedex is a transportation company that uses aircraft, not solely, to move parcels.
Airlines deliver cargo, generally people from point A to point B, these points are called airports. Their function as an airline is completed at that point.

I'll do this in segments, correct this segment.

floridays

When times were good your assertion was a slam-dunk. Now that there is more information available online, the penny-wise pound-foolish couriers (those who wouldn't want to pay union dues) would probably be outvoted. And the pilots (Flying Tigers) were already union before they were bought by Express.

Otherwise, I fully agree with your position. 👍
I hope you are correct my friend.

floridays

Oh we went through this before, with the National Mediation Board's reasoning, standards, and so forth and US Court of Appeals decisions - didn't matter. The usual gang of idiots didn't want any of that. Sooooo, they want to debate the issue but they don't want any clear concise reasoning that comes from the actual arbiters of such disagreements, they prefer their own lamebrained reasoning.
I don't remember having this conversation with you, you've shown yourself capable of digging up previous conversations, do it now please.