replacement item sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
For a lost item claim, why does UPS ask if a replacement item has been sent to the receiver?
Why should they pay if another item was already sent to you. Whats the real story here? Did you lose a package or ship something that never got there?

SteinHorn

To be honest post office is the worst. Mark your address if it isn’t. You might just live in the ghetto and someone took it off your porch don’t you have one of those camera door bells???

I don't have a camera doorbell. The one time something was lost it was resolved. But I was checking my phone message and I had 3 messages from UPS asking me if a replacement was sent out and whats the tracking on it. She seemed more interested in the replacements than the lost :censored2:.

OKLABob

I don't have a camera doorbell. The one time something was lost it was resolved. But I was checking my phone message and I had 3 messages from UPS asking me if a replacement was sent out and whats the tracking on it. She seemed more interested in the replacements than the lost :censored2:.
Because it’s probably easier to replace it then it is to find it and re deliver it. Things like this happen sometimes just be patient.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yea well I never had anything damaged. And only 1 thing lost.
5bd880c62b1d6.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
For a lost item claim, why does UPS ask if a replacement item has been sent to the receiver?

My guess is it has to do with how they pay claims, and the contracts they have with specific shippers. Claims should normally be paid to the shipper, and I think UPS wouldn't pay a claim until they verified the shipper had sent a replacement, or they showed proof of an issued refund. Until then the shipper isn't actually out anything, so no claim to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.