Republicans & Democrats

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mitt Romney turned out to be a cry baby spoiled brat.....Now Meg Whitman says she will vote for Hillary......COW! Disappointing people !!

rickyb

Both parties have moved to the right during the neoliberal period of the past generation. Mainstream Democrats are now pretty much what used to be called “moderate Republicans.” Meanwhile, the Republican Party has largely drifted off the spectrum, becoming what respected conservative political analyst Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein call a “radical insurgency” that has virtually abandoned normal parliamentary politics. With the rightward drift, the Republican Party’s dedication to wealth and privilege has become so extreme that its actual policies could not attract voters, so it has had to seek a new popular base, mobilized on other grounds: evangelical Christians who await the Second Coming, nativists who fear that “they” are taking our country away from us, unreconstructed racists, people with real grievances who gravely mistake their causes, and others like them who are easy prey to demagogues and can readily become a radical insurgency.

In recent years, the Republican establishment had managed to suppress the voices of the base that it has mobilized. But no longer. By the end of 2015 the establishment was expressing considerable dismay and desperation over its inability to do so, as the Republican base and its choices fell out of control. - chomsky

Babagounj

Strength through joy
10 nuggets of wisdom from ‘Black Yellowdogs’

Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 at greater rates than Democrats did.This was true in both the House and Senate. House Republicans out-supported Democrats on the Civil Rights Act 81 to 60 percent and on the Voting Rights Act 85 to 80 percent. Senate Republicans out-supported Democrats on the Civil Rights Act 82 to 60 percent and on the Voting Rights Act 97 to 74 percent.
The NAACP sued then-Gov. Bill Clinton in 1989 for violating the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.A three-judge panel in Arkansas ordered Clinton to redraw electoral districts to allow blacks greater voting strength. This was the man considered “our first black president.”
In the 1876 presidential election, 99 percent of blacks voted Republican.Black Democrats were so rare that one congressman mentioned his encounter with one the Congressional Record in 1868. Meanwhile, 90 percent of blacks voted Democrat in the 2000 election.
Democrats, either by filibuster or committee, never allowed a single federal anti-lynching measure to become law.When the House passed an anti-lynching bill in 1922, southern Democrats killed it, arguing it was unconstitutional because it interfered with state and local authority. House Democrats also filibustered to death anti-lynching measures in 1937 and 1940.
The first official legal slaveholder in the American colonies was Anthony Johnson, a black man.In 1654 Johnson took his black indentured servant, John Casor, to court, alleging he had actually purchased Casor as a slave who was meant to serve Johnson for life. The court ruled in Johnson’s favor, and this appeared to be the first legal sanction of slavery, except as punishment for a crime, in the English New World colonies.

In fact, black ownership of slaves was not uncommon in the early part of U.S. history. According to the 1830 U.S. Census, of the 10,689 free blacks living in New Orleans, more than 3,000 were slave masters.

oldngray

nowhere special
Now that the AFL-CIO has endorsed the canckles in a pantsuit, do union people just go blindly vote for her?

Was there ever any doubt about them endorsing the Democrat candidate no matter who it is? They waited and did it reluctantly but the end result was a foregone conclusion. Democrats give a lot of lip service but have done nothing but screw them over in recent years. Except for public employee unions which are a totally different beast.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Guccifer 2.0 Leak Reveals How DNC Rigged Primaries for Clinton

For Sanders supporters, the leaked documents affirm the bias and favoritism exercised by the Democratic National Committee, chaired by Clinton’s 2008 campaign co-chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Internal memos, dated May 2015—long before the first state voted in the Democratic primary—referred to Hillary Clinton as though she was already the Democratic presidential nominee. The documents leaked by Guccifer 2.0 not only illuminate the DNC’s efforts to ensure Clinton’s coronation but also reveal the strategies used to shield her from criticism on ethics, transparency and campaign finance reform—all vulnerabilities for the corrupt Establishment darling.
In another internal memo released by the hacker, the DNC feeds reporters stories to perpetuate specific agendas—presumably including the baseless Bernie-Bro attacks manufactured to discredit Bernie Sanders. The DNC’s narratives were not only misleading but also cited false information to corroborate their arguments.
Hillary Clinton didn’t win the Democratic primaries through democratic means. Rather, she stole the Democratic presidential nomination through systematic manipulation of the primary process. Over 400 super delegates pledged their support to Clinton before a single person cast a vote, the DNC is led by a Clinton surrogate, and mass consent for Clinton’s coronation was fed to the public through mainstream media outlets owned by wealthy Clinton donors.

rickyb

anomally means "one of a kind" i think...
"
By and large, though, the climate-change debate looks different outside the States.

Norwegian researcher Sondre Båtstrand last year compared conservative parties in the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, and Australia, finding that the U.S. Republican Party alone was “an anomaly in denying anthropogenic climate change.”"

newfie

anomally means "one of a kind" i think...
"
By and large, though, the climate-change debate looks different outside the States.

Norwegian researcher Sondre Båtstrand last year compared conservative parties in the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Canada, New Zealand, Germany, and Australia, finding that the U.S. Republican Party alone was “an anomaly in denying anthropogenic climate change.”"

so this researcher who needs grants to be funded was trying to create climate fear to justify his/her continued funding and you think he/she is credible?

rickyb

so this researcher who needs grants to be funded was trying to create climate fear to justify his/her continued funding and you think he/she is credible?
it was from thinkprogress who i trust, theres better news outlets..

we dont dispute its true in america. harper was pretty bad in canada. actually he denied climate change, but he agreed to the weak global agreements at least. i dont think the republicans will even do that.

newfie

it was from thinkprogress who i trust, theres better news outlets..

we dont dispute its true in america. harper was pretty bad in canada. actually he denied climate change, but he agreed to the weak global agreements at least. i dont think the republicans will even do that.

you realize if the guy you trust says there Is nothing to worry about he is no longer funded and no longer has a research job?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
liberalism.png

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It's funny watching the generation that ran this country into the ground desperately trying to scapegoat anyone they can to cover up their failures....
Exactly who ran this country into the ground?

I blame liberal Democrats and Rinos.

If you are referring to me, I've had a job since I was 13.

Army Veteran and never recieved 1 penny in public assistance.

How is that running the country into the ground?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Typical baby boomer, blame someone else.

rickyb

having a job since your 13 and foolishly fighting a rich mans war is not good enough.

you should have continued the struggles in the 60s to the present.

rickyb

i noticed something recently.

the republicans who are sleep walking praise reagan. im not sure about the republicans who are awake.

none of the guys i listen to praise any president. at best they will mention FDR and nixon, and thats only because both were afraid of the social movements and made reforms based on that.