Republicare

oldngray

nowhere special
Of course it's over. Between the freedom caucus and the mainstream there can be no concensus.

By mainstream you mean the same political hacks that care more about preserving the status quo than really doing anything? Rejecting that is what got Trump elected.

And if they want to get elected again they will listen to the Freedom Caucus who has the support of the people.

bbsam

Staff member
By mainstream you mean the same political hacks that care more about preserving the status quo than really doing anything? Rejecting that is what got Trump elected.

And if they want to get elected again they will listen to the Freedom Caucus who has the support of the people.
17% of the people.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
soon as a few states lose their one and only insurance provider.
And now Drumpf will unleash his minions in government and in the business world (insurance companies) to actively work to undermine Obamacare. Watch premiums and deductibles spiral out of control so they can point at Obamacare as a failure. Drumpf is hoping our health care system utterly collapses, think about that for a minute, he wants it to collapse.The American people wanted the ACA to be improved, not be replaced with this dead, rotting fish known as "Drumpf-(doesn't)-Care".

BrownArmy

And now Drumpf will unleash his minions in government and in the business world (insurance companies) to actively work to undermine Obamacare. Watch premiums and deductibles spiral out of control so they can point at Obamacare as a failure. Drumpf is hoping our health care system utterly collapses, think about that for a minute, he wants it to collapse.The American people wanted the ACA to be improved, not be replaced with this dead, rotting fish known as "Drumpf-(doesn't)-Care".

How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office...

BrownArmy

After seven years of Republicans 'repeal/replace' chanting, Trump tried to cajole/threaten/pretty-please his way into passing a bill that he, by all accounts, neither understood or was interested in understanding.

Seems to me if you want to be the 'closer', you should probably understand at least a bit of what you're trying to close.

Seven years later, and Ryan etc. try and ram through a crappy bill that satisfied no one, did nothing to realize Trumps' campaign promises about creating a 'beautiful' health care system that would lower costs and result in better coverage. It's laughable.

At some point, the Republicans would do well to address the issues that the ACA has. It's not perfect, by any stretch, but now seems to be the time to fix it around the edges.

What a strange and poorly-handled opening salvo from this new administration.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the rest of his agenda.

Who knew being President would be so complicated?

It will be fine

soon as a few states lose their one and only insurance provider.
I've explained this already. The ACA always makes it profitable for a single insurer to be in a market. They can set their prices and the government subsidies will allow users to pay them.

I've asked before why do republicans believe the ACA is on the brink of collapse? What provisions of the bill are going to crumble everything? Why don't they fix these issues instead of sitting on their thumbs and watching the system collapse? How would that help people?

ImWaitingForTheDay

It's not over. They just rejected Ryan's piece of RINO garbage. Better to take more time and get it right.
After 50+ attempts to remove under the Obama administration - they don't even bother to vote when there's a Republican in the WH. Blowhard cowards, the lot of them.Drumpf's failure, had to find somebody else to blame--along with you oldie,blame anybody but Drumpf.......
Sad

newfie

I've explained this already. The ACA always makes it profitable for a single insurer to be in a market. They can set their prices and the government subsidies will allow users to pay them.

I've asked before why do republicans believe the ACA is on the brink of collapse? What provisions of the bill are going to crumble everything? Why don't they fix these issues instead of sitting on their thumbs and watching the system collapse? How would that help people?

I did not know you were a health insurance expert. maybe you should have given Pelosi a few pointers on obamacare

newfie

After 50+ attempts to remove under the Obama administration - they don't even bother to vote when there's a Republican in the WH. Blowhard cowards, the lot of them.Drumpf's failure, had to find somebody else to blame--along with you oldie,blame anybody but Drumpf.......
Sad

you sound so angry. I think they have meds for that.

upload_2017-3-26_18-6-0.png

ImWaitingForTheDay

Maybe you should do a little research on the issue so you can intelligently argue why you believe the system is failing.
It will be fine,Newfyie is insane. How can you debate, or discuss with such a lunatic and expect to get anything other than the impression you are talking with a total ballistic no-nothing .It is almost as he can't remember the way premiums increased before the ACA He also don't seem to have any idea how insurance works.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't remember Trump saying he would repeal & replace Obamacare in the first 65 days.

"When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. Have to do it. I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace, and it will be such an honor for me, for you, and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced and we will do it and we will do it very, very quickly.” [Valley Forge, PA, 11/1/16]

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. Have to do it. I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace, and it will be such an honor for me, for you, and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced and we will do it and we will do it very, very quickly.” [Valley Forge, PA, 11/1/16]
Over an 8 year presidency, let's say within the first two years.
Hmmmm, yeah, I think that'll work.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm sure he was referring to himself and his FULL CABINET!!!!!