Republicare

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're assuming Trump has a BATNA.
That's optimistic.
I have no doubt Trump determined his BATNA long ago
The left tries to paint Trump as a duffus when he is "smarter" than almost all people (not intelligent but smart).
The right painted Obama as a duffus which is closer to reality than Trump.
Both are really smart people ... one is a thinker and the other is results oriented.

BrownArmy

The left tries to paint Trump as a duffus when he is "smarter" than almost all people (not intelligent but smart).
Both are really smart people ... one is a thinker and the other is results oriented.

I disagree - I think Trump simply assumed he could strong-arm his way through this.

Witness his statement today that if it doesn't go his way, he'll just move along.

Umkay.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That must be why only one of them got his health care plan passed....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That must be why only one of them got his health care plan passed....
Obama did not get it passed ... the Congress did.
I'm not sure Obama understood how to get things done in Congress after 8 years, much less the first two years.
Not that sure about Trump either, but at least he puts it on people who supposedly do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So...

His BATNA was to give up and move along?

Ok.

(Least Best)
Think about it.
If something is not acceptable to you, you walk away. To accept something you don't agree with is just plain stupid.
I can't keep up with the number of times I stood up and walked away from a negotiation.

Anyway, this will come back around.

oldngray

nowhere special
Think about it.
If something is not acceptable to you, you walk away. To accept something you don't agree with is just plain stupid.
I can't keep up with the number of times I stood up and walked away from a negotiation.

Last Best Offer?

BrownArmy

Think about it.

I'm sorry, that doesn't square with my Adonis-like vision of Trump the DEAL-MAKER.

:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Correct, and honestly, Trump likely desires to move on to creating one billion jobs, which is really why he got elected.
Not sure about the "billion" but I can see that happening.
Trump has not forgotten about Obamacare but the jobs are much more important.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Or does it?

Seems to me the ACA doesn't effect you personally at all, correct me if I'm mistaken.

The ACA slowed the rising costs of healthcare, but was it perfect?

No.

This new plan is the worst possible compromise ever - it makes no sense at all.

Trump - the deal-maker!

Not so much.
So it doesn't affect me, but millions of others........that's the horror of Obamacare. In case you haven't heard, there is no new plan.......only the plan Pelosi and Schumer drool over......oh yeah, they don't have Obamacare.
Oh, and by the way, some states have ONE insurance co......that's not a choice at all.

bbsam

Staff member
So it doesn't affect me, but millions of others........that's the horror of Obamacare. In case you haven't heard, there is no new plan.......only the plan Pelosi and Schumer drool over......oh yeah, they don't have Obamacare.
Oh, and by the way, some states have ONE insurance co......that's not a choice at all.
But moreluck, it's been 7 years! In 7 years they could either come up with that other plan or find ways to fix it. They've done neither. Simple question: why?