Republicare

It will be fine

So it doesn't affect me, but millions of others........that's the horror of Obamacare. In case you haven't heard, there is no new plan.......only the plan Pelosi and Schumer drool over......oh yeah, they don't have Obamacare.
Oh, and by the way, some states have ONE insurance co......that's not a choice at all.
The states that still have 1 insurer only do so because the ACA subsidies are based on the cost of coverage. This allows people to pay for insurance with the insurance companies having a monopoly on price. The insurance companies have to spend 80% of premiums on health costs so it basically turned them into utilities in those states. Republicare would have limited the tax credits based on age making it impossible to afford coverage in these states which would leave them with no insurer.

BrownArmy

The states that still have 1 insurer only do so because the ACA subsidies are based on the cost of coverage. This allows people to pay for insurance with the insurance companies having a monopoly on price. The insurance companies have to spend 80% of premiums on health costs so it basically turned them into utilities in those states. Republicare would have limited the tax credits based on age making it impossible to afford coverage in these states which would leave them with no insurer.

Hush now, way too much REALITY, settle down, you're scaring the natives.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hush now, way too much REALITY, settle down, you're scaring the natives.

Tax Credits in this scenario equals "Welfare" ... that in essence is the issue with many voters and their elected officials.

newfie

Trump -Dems Lack support.jpg

friend bomb in the meme are we going to be allowed to use that word now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I did a double-take when I heard him say that.
Yeah, I'm not sure who's gonna buy that one. The real shock is that they're apparently going to just throw up their hands and walk away like "Oh well, it didn't work out, on to tax reform...". Like that's going to be any easier.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, I'm not sure who's gonna buy that one. The real shock is that they're apparently going to just throw up their hands and walk away like "Oh well, it didn't work out, on to tax reform...". Like that's going to be any easier.
Things will be re-visited as the Trump machine heads forward.....no time wasted!

moreluck

golden ticket member
....you mean other than the past 7 years, in which your party was unable to come up with an effective alternative to Obamacare...
I still think it's because they all thought Hillary would win coronation next.
I don't remember Trump saying he would repeal & replace Obamacare in the first 65 days.