Retention bonus

Abe Excode

That specific reason is retention. To keep people around for peak. Now they don't care about retention. meaning you can quit. you ever ponder what "retention bonus" means literally?
Why was it around before peak season? The only difference is, for new hires like myself, it is $125 and for others is it is $75.

Not shutting up to stupidity. Did UPS drag you out of bed to work here? No. You applied at 10 bucks and hour. The retention bonus was just that a “bonus”, as illustrated above. As was said, suck it up buttercup!
No the bonus was to subsidize the ridiculous low wages that UPS offered for the amount of work expected.

542thruNthru

Is that part of some ones supplement or is that in the Master?

giphy-21.gif

cachmeifucan

So all the new hires were told that the bonus were ending this week in our building but we don't even count the vote until the 26th. So I guess they already know it's going to pass. There was nobody I saw getting a vote no movement out so I'm sure it will pass hopefully not.

Abe Excode

So all the new hires were told that the bonus were ending this week in our building but we don't even count the vote until the 26th. So I guess they already know it's going to pass. There was nobody I saw getting a vote no movement out so I'm sure it will pass hopefully not.
Everyone other than me (seasonal help) was getting $75 retention bonus. Maybe instead of getting 125 it'll just go down to 75?

mseeley528

you don't deserve a bonus to walk in the door 5 days a week. that's what a job is. you wake up put your panties on, go to work and make an hourly wage. it's complete BS to think you deserve more because you walked in the door and took a 4 hr :censored2:.
That’s not the point at all. The point is, people were hired in at a higher rate because of the bonus being lead to believe THAT was their actual pay. The portray a picture of getting paid essentially $20/hr and working 20 hours weeks. When in reality, you’re really going to get paid $15/hr working 12 hours a week. It’s slimy & messed up to do to people who have families to support. Plus, hardly ANYONE I know even STILL would show every day…so yeah…I think it’s crap that they took the bonuses away for great employees willing to come in every day, and break their bodies down—as an unloader for several years, $15/53’ truck full of 100+lb boxes is actually pathetic pay. Now, you even have to wait 9 months for insurance…everyone is a number at ups now. Not like it was 15 years ago.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s not the point at all. The point is, people were hired in at a higher rate because of the bonus being lead to believe THAT was their actual pay. The portray a picture of getting paid essentially $20/hr and working 20 hours weeks. When in reality, you’re really going to get paid $15/hr working 12 hours a week. It’s slimy & messed up to do to people who have families to support. Plus, hardly ANYONE I know even STILL would show every day…so yeah…I think it’s crap that they took the bonuses away for great employees willing to come in every day, and break their bodies down—as an unloader for several years, $15/53’ truck full of 100+lb boxes is actually pathetic pay. Now, you even have to wait 9 months for insurance…everyone is a number at ups now. Not like it was 15 years ago.
Lol… I agree with what your saying but have been here 30 years and I have a hard time remembering anytime where we weren’t a number…