Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OLDMAN3

It seems to me the OP is just spouting the company lines, and is not really giving any unique perspective that retired center managers will give you in person. I know several retired managers and they tend to shoot strait, not spout the same old company script.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
The only reason I know this is because im
Yes, How can someone hold you accountable to a lie.
Obviously my On car sup wasn't getting the result he wanted and wanted to show his boss that he can. The only reason I know he was fudging my numbers is because I am friends with the pm clerk.

OldMan

It seems to me the OP is just spouting the company lines, and is not really giving any unique perspective that retired center managers will give you in person. I know several retired managers and they tend to shoot strait, not spout the same old company script.
Everybody is different. These are just my honest opinions. If you can't handle that, Oh well.

OldMan

The only reason I know this is because im

Obviously my On car sup wasn't getting the result he wanted and wanted to show his boss that he can. The only reason I know he was fudging my numbers is because I am friends with the pm clerk.
It's a good thing you found that out. I never could stomach management that had no Integrity. Gave the rest of us a bad name.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Everybody is different. These are just my honest opinions. If you can't handle that, Oh well.

It's a good thing you found that out. I never could stomach management that had no Integrity. Gave the rest of us a bad name.
image.jpg

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I informed my center manager and I was never locked to the numbers but I still have the same on car sup.

O

OLDMAN3

If a management person is fudging an OJS then there will be problems when you try to hold that person accountable to lies.
Please, if you would, answer my question...
How did you hold them accountable to the OJS ride?
BTW...I never said they lied on my OJS.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never really paid much attention to individual numbers. All I cared about was holding the person I OJS'ed accountable for his demonstrated level of performance for the number of days I was with that person. I saw far too many management people get fired for fudging numbers. UPS does believe in Integrity.

Were they really fired or did they resurface at some other center (maybe with a demotion)

OldMan

Please, if you would, answer my question...
How did you hold them accountable to the OJS ride?
BTW...I never said they lied on my OJS.
It was to the demonstrated level of performance for the 3 day ride. I always understood when someone has a bad day. It happens as well as better days. But they should be able to be near their demonstrated level on average. The accountability factor for the union was "a fair days pay for a fair days work". I also had a very good Labor manager.

O

OLDMAN3

It was to the demonstrated level of performance for the 3 day ride. I always understood when someone has a bad day. It happens as well as better days. But they should be able to be near their demonstrated level on average. The accountability factor for the union was "a fair days pay for a fair days work". I also had a very good Labor manager.
So....how would you hold them accountable?
Warning letters for production?
Suspensions for production?
Firing for production?

OldMan

So....how would you hold them accountable?
After the 3 day ride I always sat down with the driver & my center manager or have my sup & driver sit down with me. We would discuss the ride to make sure there the ride was legit and then I would ask for a commitment from the driver. There were very few instances when they wouldn't commit. If they refused to live up to their commitment then I would start the disciplinary progression. One time I knew a driver was going to be a problem so I had him followed & videotaped him & then terminated him. Of course, there are much easier ways now with technology to figure out what a driver is doing.

Dr.Brownz

I can only speak for myself. I do not know of anyone who has used this method to fire someone. There are easier ways to fire a driver than by doing this. If this happens all you have to do is call in the mislead & cover your tracks. What I do know for a fact is if you make your preloader mad he will sabotage your load. If you have continuous misloads your preloader should bre the one who is on the hot seat as long as you are reporting them.

Tell us the easier ways then. In detail.

What is the most rotten thing you saw a fellow management person do? To a employee and in general.

O

OLDMAN3

After the 3 day ride I always sat down with the driver & my center manager or have my sup & driver sit down with me. We would discuss the ride to make sure there the ride was legit and then I would ask for a commitment from the driver. There were very few instances when they wouldn't commit. If they refused to live up to their commitment then I would start the disciplinary progression. One time I knew a driver was going to be a problem so I had him followed & videotaped him & then terminated him. Of course, there are much easier ways now with technology to figure out what a driver is doing.
No Steward present when you had this meeting where you entered into an extra-contractual agreement with the driver...violating the contract?
I thought you respected the contract.
If you videotaped him and then terminated him what would the reason for termination be??? Certainly not failure to fulfill a production standard. I call BS.

OldMan

What is the most rotten thing you saw a fellow management person do? To a employee and in general.
There is a computer report that breaks down each drivers day by everything he does. All you have to do is analyze the report and you cab figure out if the driver is sticking it to you. I've seen management lie & berate employee's. That's the worst I can remember off the top of my head.

OldMan

No Steward present when you had this meeting where you entered into an extra-contractual agreement with the driver...violating the contract?
I thought you respected the contract.
If you videotaped him and then terminated him what would the reason for termination be??? Certainly not failure to fulfill a production standard. I call BS.
Stealing time. The way a driver fails to maintain his rate is by extending lunches & breaks, driving excess miles and taking too much time at the customer. I'll take it one step further. The person you are socializing with is also wasting time at the companies they work for. I've received complaints on this. As far as you go you will never believe anything I have to say so I am through with you. Good luck. You sound like a miserable person.

Status
Not open for further replies.