Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike

Serious question here but how much does a full blown UPS truck cost? Have heard a lot of numbers kinda curious.

I don't want to work in the hub until i retire but would like to stay with the company perhaps until retirement. As a company man did you see/encounter many higher level employees that came from the hubs/centers?

Besides CMs and supervisors what kind of jobs (in UPS) did you see that you thought someone could transition to or that maybe just intersted you?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Meh.

To be a true "legend".... you have to go out in flames. :ohmy:

2gyddme.jpg
Mine was white .

O

OLDMAN3

I'm not the greatest at typing. So forgive me if I don't meet your standards on spelling. Fortunately, I don't have to answer to you or anyone else for that matter.
Spelling steward "Stewart" is usually not a spelling error but rather an indication that the person posting is unfamiliar with a steward in real life as evidenced in numerous threads here on Brown Cafe. If you truly were a steward (or a center manager for that matter) no doubt you would know that the word is steward. Since you have been around for 35 years you undoubtedly know the maximum ratio of OPL to class A ... You have been called a Troll by several here, I am just giving you the chance to prove them wrong. So what is the maximum ratio?

OldMan

Spelling steward "Stewart" is usually not a spelling error but rather an indication that the person posting is unfamiliar with a steward in real life as evidenced in numerous threads here on Brown Cafe. If you truly were a steward (or a center manager for that matter) no doubt you would know that the word is steward. Since you have been around for 35 years you undoubtedly know the maximum ratio of OPL to class A ... You have been called a Troll by several here, I am just giving you the chance to prove them wrong. So what is the maximum ratio?
Are you referring to Overseas Partners Limited? It was 1 for 1. If your talking about voting rights for Class A & B it is 10 to 1.

OldMan

And I was also in the Thrift Plan.

watdaflock?

Does management understand when they cut routes and cram other package cars completely full, Orion and it's route planning does not work?

O

OLDMAN3

OK,
Please give me an honest answer to this...
Over the course of your career do you have knowledge of management purposely setting up drivers using salts and/or misloads to trick the driver into lying to cover their tracks... in order to fire them?

OldMan

Some management doesn't get that concept.
Let me explain further, People that don't drive look at the cube utilization of a truck. They figure that they are getting the maximum use out of that vehicle therefore they can reduce a driver. They don't take into account that the other drivers may have more drive time or delivery time due to the fact that there are more packages per stop & it is easier for a drive to sort any emptier pkg car than a full one. The good management people will tweak the plan, the bad ones follow whatever their told to do.

OldMan

OK,
Please give me an honest answer to this...
Over the course of your career do you have knowledge of management purposely setting up drivers using salts and/or misloads to trick the driver into lying to cover their tracks... in order to fire them?
I can only speak for myself. I do not know of anyone who has used this method to fire someone. There are easier ways to fire a driver than by doing this. If this happens all you have to do is call in the mislead & cover your tracks. What I do know for a fact is if you make your preloader mad he will sabotage your load. If you have continuous misloads your preloader should bre the one who is on the hot seat as long as you are reporting them.

OldMan

Serious question here but how much does a full blown UPS truck cost? Have heard a lot of numbers kinda curious.

I don't want to work in the hub until i retire but would like to stay with the company perhaps until retirement. As a company man did you see/encounter many higher level employees that came from the hubs/centers?

Besides CMs and supervisors what kind of jobs (in UPS) did you see that you thought someone could transition to or that maybe just intersted you?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't know the current cost of a pkg car. You need to talk to your supervisor to let them know what you are interested in. They really like to hire from inside for all positions because they want you to have empathy for the people who do the work. Your supervisor or manager would have to recommend you.

O

OLDMAN3

I can only speak for myself. I do not know of anyone who has used this method to fire someone. There are easier ways to fire a driver than by doing this. If this happens all you have to do is call in the mislead & cover your tracks. What I do know for a fact is if you make your preloader mad he will sabotage your load. If you have continuous misloads your preloader should bre the one who is on the hot seat as long as you are reporting them.
Wow,
I know of this happening to at least 5 drivers. The preloaders don't face the heat because the center manager is aware of the salts planted by management.

Again, I ask for a truthful answer...
Why were 9.5 grievances effective in the last couple years when before they were not? (penalties paid at Center level and hours reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.