Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Decades of violating 9.5 language by at least 6 centers in my area could not have gone unnoticed. District Manager was fully aware. Drivers were deprived of seeing their kids grow up. I have a firm faith in God and those responsible who benefited to the tune of millions of dollars will eventually answer to Him.
Our current soul-less DM said that - "we expect drivers to be 9.5 drivers" "this is a job where you see your family on the weekend"

That should say enough...they don't care about the contract, they don't care about you, your health, safety etc - they only care about their bonuses and options.

Of course the "care" is a two-way street, too ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You must really be clueless to think management has nothing better to do than worry about who is going to win the next Teamster election.

You must think membership here is clueless to think that they do not.

Management at the DM level or lower have little to no involvement with the negotiation process and as such could really care less who is in charge of the union.

10 point

I can only guess because if what you say is true about the management team they are surly a screwed up bunch. Sooner or later someone from above is going to come down hard on your management team if they continually violate the contract. I can guarantee you that whatever foolishness that is happening in your location would be frowned upon by upper management. Both sides sign a contract in good faith and excessive violation could invoke a walkout which UPS does NOT want to happen.
Hahaha...a walk out?
We couldn't even get Hoffa to file the paperwork when the contract expired.
I'm sure the fist pounding GP would support a walk out.

10 point

Decades of violating 9.5 language by at least 6 centers in my area could not have gone unnoticed. District Manager was fully aware. Drivers were deprived of seeing their kids grow up. I have a firm faith in God and those responsible who benefited to the tune of millions of dollars will eventually answer to Him.
Theres no doubt that continuous lying would get them condemned first.

tracker2762

When were involved in a accident that is not our fault, ( I know all accidents are "our" fault) where does the money go from the insurance? Not the major ones, the fender benders. All I see is a sledge hammer and some duct tape and we're back on the road.

Indecisi0n

Our current soul-less DM said that - "we expect drivers to be 9.5 drivers" "this is a job where you see your family on the weekend"

That should say enough...they don't care about the contract, they don't care about you, your health, safety etc - they only care about their bonuses and options.

Of course the "care" is a two-way street, too ;)
Had a driver in our center quit because of this. Said jobs come and go but I won't give up seeing my children grow up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure if this question has been asked, has management noticed, as a whole, the level of commitment from younger drivers and sups alike deteriorate as the company becomes less personal, more faceless to the employees? Does lower operations management fear their jobs becoming obsolete, and the daily justification of their jobs on conference calls to meet metrics give them a feeling of plan facilitators, resulting in the "I'm here to collect a check" mentality trickle down to the labor, does upper management address this or is this the intended direction of the company, automation and less management.

oldupsman

I have known managers that would scream in your face two inches from your nose.
I have known a manager that pulled a driver into the office to yell at him to the point of tears, all the while knowing the driver's wife was in critical condition.
I knew a manager that told a driver to dump a leaking Haz-Mat (prohibited in or system) down the sewer.
I knew managers who forced a driver to work knowing he was being sent into battle (desert storm) at Midnight, while they stayed in the office.
I knew managers that would say they were going to try to fire you simply because you averaged a few tenths over.
I know managers that would outright lie in disciplinary hearings to try to build a stronger case.
These were the ones who were promoted.

Not all of us work in the BOG.

For goodness sakes where is your local in all this behavior. If your taking all this abuse you and your fellow drivers
have no one to blame but yourselves. Our local would have had every one of those managers be made accountable
for their actions. But the managers in my local knew they could never behave in that matter anyway, so they never did.
And quite honestly the division managers in my local would never allow their center manager's to act in that matter either.

UPSGUY72

Management at the DM level or lower have little to no involvement with the negotiation process and as such could really care less who is in charge of the union.

My last center manager was one of the UPS management personal that negotiated with the local unions on are area supplemental agreement.

ArcherUTR

These are violations by the driver, not a targeted set-up.

And many of these things and plenty of others are all stuff that management will turn a blind eye to until they feel like the District manager has put you on the radar and ordered them to fire you.

Again, I personally have been fired for a customer complaint.

We also currently have a driver that has been fired for three weeks for a customer complaint.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

I'm a hard worker and finally started giving attitude and claiming to work at a safe pace and now the full timer and supervisor are giving me a hard time and trying to write me up all the time? How can I fight back? Their trying to get me for MISLOADS and tardiness when ever I happen to be 1-3 minutes late. or the only thing I can do is just make sure I'm on time at work and just stop misloading? I'm a loader
Stop being late.

Stop misleading packages.

Work at a safe place.

If you will be unable to wrap up in time before preload ends, contact your supervisor early and ask him for instructions.

Griff

This guy used the terms "logic" and "good management teams" in reference to UPS management. He's delusional at best.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Congrats on retirement..Welcome to brown cafe, where everyone is a know it all angry jerk. BUT WE LOVE OUR JOBS...........

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I just recently retired from Management at UPS. My way of giving back will be to answer any questions you may have about Management or UPS in General. If I don't have the answer I have many retired friends I can consult. I will check for questions at night and post answers the following day if possible.
If godzilla fought king kong, however, here's the kicker, godzilla does not have fire breath OR lazer eyes, would king kong win on strength alone.... go ahead, prove your a center manager now........

OPTION3

If godzilla fought king kong, however, here's the kicker, godzilla does not have fire breath OR lazer eyes, would king kong win on strength alone.... go ahead, prove your a center manager now........
Godzilla.....king of all monsters....he would just drown that big monkey in the ocean...lol

bbsam

Staff member
Does Atlanta take Amazon's delivery service and/or FDX seriously and if so, how do they plan to address such challenges? Reduced profitability? Reduce driver compensation? Expand Orion?

Or is the belief that competing companies will eventually fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.