Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OLDMAN3

I can only speak for myself. I do not know of anyone who has used this method to fire someone. There are easier ways to fire a driver than by doing this.
Please elaborate on one method to fire a driver that is targeted for termination. Thanks

OldMan

Wow,
I know of this happening to at least 5 drivers. The preloaders don't face the heat because the center manager is aware of the salts planted by management.

Again, I ask for a truthful answer...
Why were 9.5 grievances effective in the last couple years when before they were not? (penalties paid at Center level and hours reduced)
I can only guess because if what you say is true about the management team they are surly a screwed up bunch. Sooner or later someone from above is going to come down hard on your management team if they continually violate the contract. I can guarantee you that whatever foolishness that is happening in your location would be frowned upon by upper management. Both sides sign a contract in good faith and excessive violation could invoke a walkout which UPS does NOT want to happen.

OldMan

Please elaborate on one method to fire someone that is targeted for termination. Thanks
Failure to follow methods. You ride with a drive & document all the training you gave him. Then you follow him to catch him doing something wrong. It's a tedious method and someone would have to want you fire you pretty bad to go through. Another is to go through their pkg car each night to find if they brought anything back without calling or recording it. I only went after 5 people in my career that I wanted to fire and it was a pain to get them out the door. The only reason I wanted these people gone is because they were a cancer among the other drivers. The rest of the people I terminated were due to attendance. I would be careful of believing what you hear. people like to make up stories to get other people worked up or to get the attention off them

ArcherUTR

OK,
Please give me an honest answer to this...
Over the course of your career do you have knowledge of management purposely setting up drivers using salts and/or misloads to trick the driver into lying to cover their tracks... in order to fire them?
They should do this. More people at UPS need to be fired.

ArcherUTR

Please elaborate on one method to fire a driver that is targeted for termination. Thanks

Stealing time. Completing stops when not at the location. Smoking packages. Coming into work drunk or high. Violence in the work place. A serious accident with a citation. Etc.

O

OLDMAN3

I can only guess because if what you say is true about the management team they are surly a screwed up bunch. Sooner or later someone from above is going to come down hard on your management team if they continually violate the contract. I can guarantee you that whatever foolishness that is happening in your location would be frowned upon by upper management. Both sides sign a contract in good faith and excessive violation could invoke a walkout which UPS does NOT want to happen.
Decades of violating 9.5 language by at least 6 centers in my area could not have gone unnoticed. District Manager was fully aware. Drivers were deprived of seeing their kids grow up. I have a firm faith in God and those responsible who benefited to the tune of millions of dollars will eventually answer to Him.

O

OLDMAN3

Stealing time. Completing stops when not at the location. Smoking packages. Coming into work drunk or high. Violence in the work place. A serious accident with a citation. Etc.
These are violations by the driver, not a targeted set-up.

OldMan

Decades of violating 9.5 language by at least 6 centers in my area could not have gone unnoticed. District Manager was fully aware. Drivers were deprived of seeing their kids grow up. I have a firm faith in God and those responsible who benefited to the tune of millions of dollars will eventually answer to Him.
It all depend on how many grievances were filed over 9.5's.

OldMan

I hate to say this but you sound really unhappy working for UPS. Have you ever considered a career change? I know other people have left and they were glad they did.

O

OLDMAN3

It all depend on how many grievances were filed over 9.5's.
Stacks and stacks. On cars would brag that they don't care if you file. It was systematic and intentional. I don't know how the District Manager lived with himself knowing all the marriages and families that were broken up.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OLDMAN3

I hate to say this but you sound really unhappy working for UPS. Have you ever considered a career change? I know other people have left and they were glad they did.
I love my job actually. I just don't appreciate many of the managers (not all) who used people for their own power trips and to become wealthy at the expense of others.

OldMan

Stacks and stacks. On cars would brag that they don't care if you file. It was systematic and intentional. I don't know how the District Manager lived with himself knowing all the marriages and families that were broken up.
I don't know how they got away with it. You should also call the union & ask them what they're doing about all these grievances.

OldMan

I love my job actually. I just don't appreciate many of the managers (not all) who used people for their own power trips and to become wealthy at the expense of others.
Unfortunately, you'll find bad people in just about every company there is. The good thing I found at UPS is that sooner or later they were transferred or fired.

O

OLDMAN3

Unfortunately, you'll find bad people in just about every company there is. The good thing I found at UPS is that sooner or later they were transferred or fired.
My experience has been that the ones who treated employees with respect were fired and the ball busters were rewarded at UPS.

You sound like Upstate.

OldMan

If everything you say is true it sounds like one hellhole to work at.

O

OLDMAN3

I have known managers that would scream in your face two inches from your nose.
I have known a manager that pulled a driver into the office to yell at him to the point of tears, all the while knowing the driver's wife was in critical condition.
I knew a manager that told a driver to dump a leaking Haz-Mat (prohibited in or system) down the sewer.
I knew managers who forced a driver to work knowing he was being sent into battle (desert storm) at Midnight, while they stayed in the office.
I knew managers that would say they were going to try to fire you simply because you averaged a few tenths over.
I know managers that would outright lie in disciplinary hearings to try to build a stronger case.
These were the ones who were promoted.

Not all of us work in the BOG.

ups_samurai

I'm a hard worker and finally started giving attitude and claiming to work at a safe pace and now the full timer and supervisor are giving me a hard time and trying to write me up all the time? How can I fight back? Their trying to get me for MISLOADS and tardiness when ever I happen to be 1-3 minutes late. or the only thing I can do is just make sure I'm on time at work and just stop misloading? I'm a loader

CHALLY9TX

I have known managers that would scream in your face two inches from your nose.
I have known a manager that pulled a driver into the office to yell at him to the point of tears, all the while knowing the driver's wife was in critical condition.
I knew a manager that told a driver to dump a leaking Haz-Mat (prohibited in or system) down the sewer.
I knew managers who forced a driver to work knowing he was being sent into battle (desert storm) at Midnight, while they stayed in the office.
I knew managers that would say they were going to try to fire you simply because you averaged a few tenths over.
I know managers that would outright lie in disciplinary hearings to try to build a stronger case.
These were the ones who were promoted.

Not all of us work in the BOG.

Not trying to defend the CMs by any means but you seem to be mad at the CMs when you should be mad at the Union for letting those CMs do whatever they wanted. Where was the union when all this was happening? Sounds like you just let the CMs do whatever they wanted.

CharleyHustle

Dispatch for me was based on a combination of things. I knew which drivers wanted more & which drivers wanted less. As long as they did the job I did not have a problem with this. The reason I dispatched this way because there going to be time when you are short handed. In those instances when I had to load everyone up they all could accept it & understood. However, there are different management teams at different locations. The good management teams knew how prepare for vacations and peak. The poor managements don't care about their employee's or are incapable of proper planning.

So, you actually interviewed each driver and asked how much work they wanted? Or you just guessed? In over thirty years driving I've never had a manager or supervisor ask me how much work I wanted. What this sounds like to me is you were another manager who could have been accused of playing favorites, or you just posted this to make you come off better.

Status
Not open for further replies.